Salesforce is easy to learn
Apex is a programming language for Salesforce development that acts as a pure backend technology and was specially designed for the development of business applications.
Properties of Salesforce Apex
Apex is a strongly typed and object-oriented programming language. Its syntax is similar to Java and C #. The programming language is one of three Salesforce technologies alongside Lightning and Visualforce. Apex is used exclusively in backend development, which takes place entirely on the Force.com servers.
Apex takes a uniquely productive approach to creating function and logic: Developers can concentrate fully on the elements specific to an application, while all other elements are taken over by the Force.com platform. This significantly reduces the development effort
Salesforce Apex architecture
Apex is based on the model-view-controller model. Entries made by a user on the user interface trigger processes so that a controller makes changes to the data model. The changed data model is then displayed in the view.
Apex is responsible for the manipulation of the data model, while Visualforce takes over the representation in the view.
Benefits of Salesforce Apex
Integrated: With Apex, specific features of the Force.com platform can be used, for example DML (Data Manipulation Language) calls, Inline Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) queries, call loops to call multiple data records in bulk API calls.
In our individual Salesforce administrator training, we offer you training in the administrative area that is specially tailored to your requirements and that builds on your previous knowledge.
Easy to learn: The syntax is similar to that of Java, so many similar variables, expressions, and statements are used. Easy-to-understand syntax and semantics are used for new elements, resulting in efficient code.
Data-driven: Apex bundles multiple queries and DML calls within a unit of work on the Force.com server.
Strict: Apex is a strictly typed programming language that uses direct references between schema objects, such as object and field names.
Hosted: Operations are carried out entirely on the Force.com platform and controlled from there.
Multi-tenant: Apex, like the rest of the Force.com platform, runs in a multi-tenant environment. Any code that disregards the resulting limitations is displayed with an error message.
Automatically updated: If Salesforce updates are released, no code has to be rewritten. It will be updated automatically.
Easy to test: Apex is delivered with integrated tools for creating and evaluating unit tests. After an update, automatic tests are run to ensure the functionality of the code.
Versioned: The generated code can be saved for different versions of the Force.com API, so that the functionality is ensured even after updates and old versions can still be used after updates.
Development with Apex
The integrated Salesforce development environment can be used for development. It is, however, in great need of improvement. However, deficiencies can currently be compensated for using plugins. However, it is advisable to use more powerful development environments such as Cloud9 or Sublime Text, especially for more complex projects.
Whitepaper: What is Apex?
The backend technology whitepaper discusses the features and strengths of Apex.
Whitepaper: What is Apex?
FAQ & Best Practices
Do you have any questions about Apex development? Do you want to efficiently implement your Salesforce project using best practices?
With MINDFORCE, mindsquare has its own department specializing in Salesforce development. Our experts are certified Salesforce consultants and developers with cutting-edge know-how who are happy to assist you with your Apex and Salesforce challenges. Companies with large Salesforce organizations, e.g. Rocket Internet, Deutsche Messe or Hella AG, also rely on the knowledge of our MINDFORCE specialists. Contact us without obligation. We are happy to support you in finding the best solution for your requirements.
- What are conscious thoughts
- What are the characteristics of a public influencer?
- Have Muslims committed genocide
- What is the placement scenario in rgipt
- Should I finish my education online?
- Is real estate photography blooming or not
- How to fix a broken screen
- Are you happy to be in a relationship
- How do you think gender inequality began
- What is that Arthashastra
- Difference between Svelte and React
- Certifications for technology are common
- What are some alternatives to OmniFocus
- Would you marry a Canadian
- What if everyone won the lottery?
- The English Wikipedia is full of crap
- How can I start a goatery business?
- Who is the owner of the Fena company
- Which is the fastest man made thing
- Why is the earth not straight
- Microsoft IIS is based on Apache
- What are the scales and mud
- How has YouTube changed from the beginning
- Who were Zheng He's original parents
- What classifies someone as radical
- What was Skyrim's biggest missed opportunity
- How do I open my wine bar
- Is the CSE better
- Are the Phoenicians underestimated?
- Is jecrc university good for engineering
- How is Yoko Ono personally
- Is it customary to fail engineering classes?
- What does td mean in HTML