What is the story of this gun
- Browse by topicSearch our book database by subject, country, epoch, year of publication or key word.
- Book show of the weekHaven't you had time to read the newspaper or drop by us in the last few days? Never mind, because here you can view our review notes for the last six days of publication sorted by newspaper or topic.
- Literature supplementsAll of our notes on the book reviews in the literature supplements from FAZ, FR, NZZ, SZ, taz and Zeit.
History as a weapon
From the empire to reunification
Vandenhoeck and Ruprecht Verlag, Göttingen 2001
Cardboard, 178 pages, 14.21 EUR
Cardboard, 178 pages, 14.21 EUR
Review note on Neue Zürcher Zeitung, October 20, 2001
An "entertaining research overview" is this treatise on the "struggles over interpretations of the past" that characterize historical studies again and again, praises the reviewer with the abbreviation uha .. He thinks that this book offers an entertaining and successful introduction to the topic, even if it is When the "undoubtedly difficult question of the historical 'truth'" itself shrinks, the reviewer describes the strengths and weaknesses of this work.
Review note on Süddeutsche Zeitung, October 20, 2001
The reviewer Peter Reichel finds this study of the changing paradigms in historical studies in Germany, which deals with the question of how politics is made with history, extremely interesting, "rich in material" and "stimulating". But he is still not really satisfied with this work. In his opinion, the author Edgar Wolfrum does not define the subject of his research precisely enough and so some of this study seems arbitrary to him: which is why the author examines, for example, the political symbolism of the Weimar Republic, but omits this question in his study of the Nazi state Reichel incomprehensible. Nor does he find Wolfrum's treatise on the "founding generation of West German historical studies" really satisfactory. His overall impression of this book is therefore quite mixed.Read the review at buecher.de
Review note on Die Zeit, 09/13/2001
Volker Ullrich certifies that the author, who deals with the political function of historical studies in his book, offers a "concise overview" that captivates "through the conciseness of the presentation and the courage to make decisive judgments". The author examines the mutual relationship between the formation of myths and scientific knowledge in historical studies since the German Empire, which has often led to history being misused for political purposes. For example, the fact that the whole of German history from the Middle Ages onwards towards the founding of the empire in 1871 is revealed by the author as a 'German national myth'. Other myths, such as the war innocence lie and the stab in the back legend, were "welcome means of agitation" in the Weimar Republic, which the Social Democrats failed to clarify. According to Ullrich, however, the most informative is "the depiction of the historical and political confrontation in the German-German system conflict after 1949."
Review note on Süddeutsche Zeitung, May 14, 2001
The reviewer calls the author a "proven connoisseur" of the still young research field of historical politics and the book "a successful overview of the long-practiced tradition ... of historically legitimizing political and ideological goals." What we also get to read in the discussion of the historian and journalist Tillmann Bendikowski is a short form of the book and its stages, from the founding of the empire in 1871 to the various historical images and the historical-political codes in Germany East and West. Nothing more and nothing less.Read the review at buecher.de
- Should I hire a startup fundraising advisor?
- What is a solution to poverty 1
- Stop smoking a disease
- What if your lips itch
- What is the world's ecological footprint
- What are the implications when morality is objective?
- Would deep charges work against a torpedo
- Should I fail to text my ex?
- What are the additives for diesel
- What are Ujjain's best restaurants
- What is statistical analysis
- What is love relationship advice
- An unlocked phone means the contract is free
- What were the main achievements of Emiliano Zapatas
- Has anyone recently taken the ISTQB exam?
- What are petroleum products that are released during refining
- There are crossdresser dating sites
- Which Bollywood movie would people recommend?
- How can spatial repetition help memorization?
- You can trust online gambling
- What is meant by event management space
- What is meant by observing gravitational waves
- What is the voting method for the congressional district
- Why do insects feel attracted to light?
- On which continent is Jordan located
- Should there be a straight pride parade
- How to unsubscribe someone on Instagram
- Where does the Laffer curve come from
- David Bowie is a super man
- How many portals does Minecraft have
- What are the competitive advantages of American Airlines
- What does the word N actually mean?
- What kind of karate is more useful
- How accurate is the movie Bohemian Rhapsody