What is a limbic system
English: limbic system
The limbic system is a phylogenetically very old part of the brain that is composed of several structures. Achievements such as the control of the functions of drive, learning, memory, emotions as well as vegetative regulation of food intake, digestion and reproduction are ascribed to him.
Note: The limbic system is not the only place in the brain where these services are generated.
2 structures of the limbic system
The limbic system includes various structures, some of which are anatomically far apart and are characterized above all by the fact that they have a similar or common function:
3 Function of the Limbic System
3.1 Corpus mamillare
The corpus mamillare is mainly involved in memory formation within the framework of the Papez neuron circle. It can also affect sexual functions.
3.2 Cingulate gyrus
The cingulate gyrus can influence vegetative functions and is also responsible for the psycho- and locomotor drive.
3.3 Parahippocampal gyrus
The main purpose of this gyrus is to relay information from other parts of the limbic system to the hippocampus. He is also involved in memory formation.
The hippocampus is of great importance for memory formation, but can also influence vegetative and emotional functions.
3.5 Corpus amygdaloideum
The amygdala is primarily used to store memory content that has moved people very emotionally. It can also influence vegetative and sexual functions.
- 3D model: Dr. Claudia Krebs (Faculty Lead) University of British Columbia
- What is the recruitment process for Interpol
- What are the biggest myths about tourists
- Is FRIV protected against viruses
- What do the JEE Advanced Toppers
- What are the practical uses of logarithms
- What does affordable cremation really cost
- Is married to Katy Perry
- How do I download VR
- What are the different types of tuberculosis
- Which countries have changed their names
- What bacteria grow on blood agar
- Hong Kongers are grateful for the British
- What was the language of proto-romance like
- Can I take pain medication
- What are viable cells
- What is systemic criminal behavior
- What is cavities scientific name
- How do I use both
- Is carbon god
- What are the signs of diabetes
- The office of a minister is unlimited
- Can ghosts imitate people's voices?
- How is Oman
- Will Amazon ship to the Philippines
- How does virtual reality help real estate
- Why don't people want to adopt teenagers
- What are the most difficult exercise routines
- What are some helpful mental health websites
- Is T18 train necessary for India
- Is the weld seam stronger than steel
- What was Skyrim's biggest missed opportunity
- Can OCD kill you
- The CIA is impartial