Which are the best universities for CFD
The team around Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Kempf develops and tests methods for simulating and optimizing reactive flows and flames in systems such as gas turbine combustion chambers, nanoparticle synthesis reactors, piston engines or biomass and pulverized coal combustion. Our methods enable development times to be shortened in order to further reduce costs. Ultimately, our research results make it possible to develop cost-efficient, flexible and safe systems that emit significantly fewer pollutants than their predecessors.
The complex processes in synthesis and incineration plants require a detailed numerical description of the reaction and transport processes. Their simulation provides insight into metrologically inaccessible areas, enables the investigation and understanding of the isolated sub-processes and their interactions, and builds a bridge between laboratory and industrial scale. To this end, we develop and implement numerical models and methods that are necessary to describe and simulate the turbulent combustion of multiphase flows and the reaction kinetics.
Our work is financed by the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, the German Research Foundation (DFG), the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi), the Allianz Industrieforschung (AiF), national and international high-performance computing centers as well as numerous companies in the fields of installation, Power plant and plant construction.
At the University of Duisburg-Essen, our group is closely linked to the other groups at CeNIDE (Center for Nano-Integration Duisburg-Essen), CER.UDE (Center for Energy Research) and CCSS (Center for Computational Sciences and Simulation). As a member of the IVG, we provide detailed simulation results and use essential data from the experiments of the other groups.
The course at the chair imparts competencies in the fields of flow simulation, the description of reacting flows and turbulence modeling.
- Is acupressure good for arthritis?
- How can I choose recruiting software
- How does email SSL work
- Will the tourists ever return to Egypt?
- Quantum foam exerts gravity
- Is it okay to use sex toys?
- What if the US loses with Iran
- What exactly is quantum engineering
- Does vital sleep really stop snoring?
- What are some good books on teaching
- Who are the shortest NFL players
- What are tips for participating in the SAT
- Reply to comments on Quora
- Could wolves win the title next year?
- Tablet devices are underestimated these days
- Is Quora part of the liberal media
- Why should anyone be on the internet
- What does a teacher expect from me
- What is appropriate clothing
- Are there really vampires in this world?
- How will prosperity come to India
- How should one sit during meditation
- Can edge play a CDM
- Do you think of death every day
- What is work loaded facility
- Can eagles eat wolves
- How do you use divergent thinking
- What is octane number and cetane number
- What are the admission criteria for ONGC
- What is a fleet car
- Is UIET MDU better than UIET Kurukshetra
- What's your favorite place in Madrid
- How do I get over my first love
- How do you turn off Sphero