Why is my Kindle DX not registering
Amazon is discontinuing support for these Kindle e-book readers
Amazon is discontinuing support for the first two generations of Kindle e-book wheels. The Kindle DX is also affected by this. Only Kindles from the third generation, also known as Kindle Keyboard, will continue to be supported.
In the case of the Kindles, “no longer supported” means two things: There are definitely no more software updates. And you can no longer re-register the affected Kindles with an Amazon account. However, this is absolutely necessary in order to be able to use a Kindle. Kindles still connected to an Amazon account can apparently continue to be used. However, it is unclear whether this also means that you can continue to add new books to this Kindle or only read books that are already on the Kindle.
In particular, the following Kindles are no longer supported:
- Kindle (Released 11/19/2007)
- Kindle 2 (Released 02/23/2009)
- Kindle 2 International (Released 10/19/2009)
- Kindle DX (Released 6/10/2009)
- Kindle DX International (Released 1/19/2010)
- Kindle DX Graphite (Released 7/1/2010)
All newer Kindles are supported by Amazon until further notice and can now be registered with an Amazon account. But Amazon has just made it clear that it will gradually sort out outdated e-book readers. If you want to buy a used Kindle, you shouldn't use a model that was released before the Kindle 5 or the first Kindle Paperwhite.
- Which is WWE's largest event
- What number is 20 less than 80
- What is the MBA admissions process
- Where's DB Cooper
- How cool is your enemy
- What rhymes with men
- Which kind developed eyebrows first
- One big plugin versus several smaller plugins
- How can HarmonyOS challenge Android
- Can Higuain play the Spurs tomorrow?
- How big was Pangea
- What are the most difficult exercise routines
- What is OCR
- Why did you never leave Surrey?
- Is it okay to rinse baby wipes?
- Sell groceries at McDonalds
- Should India hold elections at the same time
- Where is the department office in Patna?
- Cricket is an overrated game in India
- What are examples of quantitative skills
- Which animal has spectacular abilities?
- What are the benefits of smart thermostats
- Will dropshipping be dead in 2019
- Why is meiosis heterotypic division