Who wrote the song Its Raining Men
Oldie story | June 16, 2020 "It's raining men" by the Weather Girls
Martha Wash and Izora Armstead give everything! The two Americans are anything but blessed with model dimensions, but the weighty soul divas cannot be stopped by such externals. They are bursting with joie de vivre, are born entertainers and their voices are pure madness anyway.
Martha and Izora have known each other for years, first sang together in the gospel choir, and later founded the singing troupe "Two tones of fun", but now they finally want to land the big hit. Because so far they were only allowed to lend their voice to various other stars, such as the dance project "Sylvester". But now with their own contract and the brand new band name "The Weather Girls" it should finally work. The only thing missing is the right hit for the massive ladies. Her producer Paul Jabara promptly delivers it. It has had a number in the drawer for years that has huge hit potential, but has always been rejected by stars like Diana Ross, Donna Summer, Cher and Barbra Streisand. "It's raining men" actually becomes a world hit and the greatest success for the Weather Girls.
The text …
... is about a totally crazy weather report by the weather girls. "The humidity is rising, the barometer is falling, it's time to take to the streets. Because tonight at around half past nine it will rain men for the first time in history. It's raining men - Hallelujah, it's raining men - Amen!"
The most successful version comes from ex-Spice-Girl Geri Halliwell. In 2001, their version was once again in the top 10 across Europe.
Martha Wash started a solo career in the 1990s. Izora Armstead died in California in 2004 after suffering from heart disease. Her daughter Dynelle Rhodes has now inherited her legacy on stage.
- Should the CDC ban all cigarette products
- What is XIP in the kernel
- What is not political problem
- Which band sang the song Wild Thing
- Artificial intelligence can match a human brain
- What flushes with farm animals
- How is your dormitory
- Why is web marketing important
- Sunil Dutt was older than Nargis Dutt
- Why is my YouTube earnings dropping all the time?
- Screaming covert narcissists in general
- What are conifers
- How can I learn teaching design
- What are some creative worlds
- Why is boxing slowly dying
- What is a witch doctor
- Your dog sleeps on your pillow
- What is 16x12
- Is honey harmful to PCOS?
- What is a Sufi Silsila
- What offended the bad Pleistocene Palaeolithic people
- How do I become a movie lover
- Does Taehyung from BTS have a Juul
- What did Ernie Banks die of