What is 1 methylpropane
2-methyl-1-propanol (also i-butanol or isobutanol) is an aliphatic hydrocarbon and belongs to the group of alkanols, which in turn belong to the alcohols.
Extraction and presentation
Like 1-butanol, 2-methyl-1-propanol is also obtained by hydroformylating propene. In contrast to the production of 1-butanol, one continues to work with the other reaction product and hydrogenates it:
- Propene reacts with carbon monoxide and hydrogen to form butanal and 2-methylpropanal.
- The resulting 2-methylpropanal reacts with hydrogen to form 2-methyl-1-propanol.
2-methyl-1-propanol is a colorless liquid that smells sweet. Like all butanols, 2-methyl-1-propanol is also flammable. You can mix 2-methyl-1-propanol with all common organic solvents such as ethers, glycol, alcohols, ketones and aldehydes, but it is only partially soluble in water.
Possible reactions of 2-methyl-1-propanol are esterification to an ester or dehydrogenation to an aldehyde.
- 2-Methyl-1-propanol reacts with ethanoic acid to form ethanoic acid 2-methyl-propyl ester and water.
- 2-methyl-1-propanol reacts to form 2-methylpropanal and hydrogen.
2-Methyl-1-propanol is used in derivatives as a solvent, mainly in the paint industry. It improves the properties of the paints.
Wiki / web links
Categories: Lovely fabric | alcohol
- What were your impressions of a visit to Belarus
- President Donald Trump is fluent in Czech
- Kejawen is a religion
- Is Yama Buddha dead
- Is computer science C a language subject
- Artificial intelligence needs to be activated
- Christmas is demanded by Catholics
- Science drives the world crazy
- Do you believe in the chaos theory?
- How do you use divergent thinking
- What are your favorite soul songs
- How far would you go for love
- What is fiction after literature
- How are Orthodox Jews supposed to handle this OTD
- Is Bosch better than IBM
- Where can I buy living edelweiss
- What is the name of this website
- What makes Johns Hopkins University so special
- What is M2M in Hector
- What is the best digital advertising agency
- Spouses can defend each other in court
- What are some stretching exercises
- Can a non-technical person learn QlikView
- How can x x 1