Which material is used for a filling
Backfilling the excavation - you should know that
Backfill area at the construction pit
The so-called “work space” is the space around the basement that is filled in the excavation pit. However, it is not simply "filled in" with a single material (such as gravel), but rather filled in and compacted in a carefully planned structure.
Many factors play a role when choosing the filler material. The most important factor to consider when choosing the filler material is the water stress on the backfilled space. The more water pressure can be expected on the building, the more permeable the filling material must be chosen.
Can the excavation be used for backfilling?
Basically, you can use the excavation to backfill the construction pit. After all, this has the advantage that the volume of the soil to be disposed of is significantly reduced - which in turn saves costs.
However, if the excavated soil is loamy, it should not be used for backfilling if possible. These types of soil are hardly permeable to water and are therefore often problematic.
In practice, you can also mix the excavated material with a little gravel or sand before backfilling, this further improves the seepage capacity.
Time of backfilling
Basically, the filling should also be done relatively quickly, the ideal time is the period immediately after the wall sealant has hardened. The sealed basement walls are very sensitive to the weather, so they should disappear into the ground as soon as possible.
The compaction of the backfill material (whichever is used) is of crucial importance in this case. If the filling is not sufficiently compacted, subsidence often occurs later on the building.
Insufficient compaction during filling is clearly the main cause when this problem becomes apparent. Often only the shear forces of the walls are rated too low and therefore not compacted enough.
When filling up, you must therefore proceed carefully and compress it sufficiently.
- What is the integration of 1 lnx
- What is the theory of coexistence in ecology
- How can I get a broadband connection?
- Why don't babies like diapers
- Why do we need so many engineers
- What do Americans think of Che Guevara?
- What food keeps you awake
- How many For Dummies books are there?
- How does sea ice form?
- What pets are illegal in India
- Which is the best diabetes tracker
- Matt Patricia gained weight
- What all websites expose Narendra Modi to
- Choosing the right rental property management software
- Why is ice lighter than water 5
- What do you mean by search
- Are rovers viable only on Mars
- How many narcissists have committed murder
- Who sang Mercedes Boys
- Where can I blog as a guest
- Do some actors love acting?
- You can form your own opinion
- What do purple ribbons mean
- Is water safe in Costa Rica