Can people create a mountain range
Julia Kopatzki is going to the mountains for the first time in her life Unsuspecting in the Alps
SEE THE PROGRAM like this: cautious approach through the mountain panorama of Bavaria in Murnau, climbing the Osterfelderkopf in the Wetterstein Mountains at 2057 meters with a view of the Zugspitze and paragliding to really feel the height again. I will sleep in a hut and hike through the Höllentalklamm. Or do you say “the gorge”? What all of this means, I cannot assess beginners.
I have a Google ban, I shouldn't spoil my surprise. Mountaineering like Instagram hasn't been invented yet. What I can't ignore: people tell me things about mountains and climbing without being asked. Bed bugs on the huts, mountain air that feels like a heart attack, and always very worried looks when I say that I have borrowed hiking boots. Others report how their grandmother recently stepped on the Watzmann. My mother tells me that she climbed through the Himalayas in worn out sneakers. And whenever I say about my trip: “I have to…” someone corrects: “You can!”. As if this trip to hell was a privilege. I get mad at the mountains. And then I get scared.
In front of a mountain that is two kilometers high. Fear because I have no idea where my physical limits are, because I don't know how difficult the mountain tour is. Fear because I have to paraglide, pardon me, may. Fear because nobody takes my worries seriously and everyone quickly tells me a really bad story. It's ridiculous, but when I lie in bed crying it's all very real.
In a borrowed rain jacket, borrowed shoes and a borrowed hut sleeping bag as equipment, I get on the train and drive from Hamburg to Murnau am Staffelsee. The sun is shining in Munich, I buy a pretzel, and when the mountains open on the horizon on the way to Murnau, I have to laugh. They look small, anything but invincible. Even a beginner for me.
- What would happen if Aladdin got angry?
- Is the Rajasthani language similar to Hindi
- Where do cables run in walls
- How long have people been using furniture?
- Cerazette causes weight gain
- Could I bring the Earth's atmosphere to Saturn?
- How can you describe the global stratification
- How can AI possibly replace intuition?
- How to fix a broken screen
- Are leopards patriarchal or matriarchal
- What is an orthorhombic phase
- When should I wash my sewn wound?
- What is the fastest chemical reaction
- What factors determine the demand for land
- What are the secrets of high self-esteem
- Why are smartphones so popular in Asia
- What is poaching food
- Do narcissists understand the concept of humility
- Requires a small portfolio of customer sites
- Fast metabolisms are really a thing
- What is the best PLC training
- Why are some things bad
- How valid are your opinions
- Do people still have a neighborhood doctor?
- How is Facebook testing automation
- Makes even small scratches harmful
- Why did water condense in this pattern?
- How do you feel about heterosexuality
- How can a law help stop racism?
- How accurate is my body clock
- Is lacrosse safer than ice hockey
- How do you say rat in German?
- How do I raise a blind dog
- What are the different views of the profession