What functions has iOS copied from Android
Switch from Android to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Ready to move to iOS? Download the Move to iOS app to get help moving from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Make sure Wi-Fi is enabled on your Android device.
- Connect your new iOS device and your Android device to a power source.
- Make sure your new iOS device has enough space to hold the content you want to move, including the content on your external micro SD card.
- To transfer your Chrome bookmarks, you'll need to update Chrome on your Android device to the latest version first.
Open the Transfer to iOS app
Wait for the code
On the iOS device, on the Transfer from Android screen, tap Continue. Wait for a ten or six digit code to appear. If the Android device reports a weak internet connection, you can ignore this error message.
Enter the code on your Android device. Wait for the data transfer screen to appear.
Select content and wait
On the Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap "Next". Then do not use either device (even if your Android device shows that the process is complete) until the loading bar on your iOS device indicates that the process is complete. Depending on the amount of content you're broadcasting, the process may take some time.
The following content is transferred: contacts, message history, photos, videos, web bookmarks, e-mail accounts and calendars. Some of your free apps will also transfer if they're available on both Google Play and the App Store. After the transfer is complete, you can download the free apps that you previously had on the device from the App Store.
Set up iOS device
When the loading bar on the iOS device indicates that the process is complete, tap "Done" on the Android device. Then tap Continue on the iOS device and follow the on-screen steps to complete your iOS device setup.
Make sure all content has been transferred. Music, books and PDFs have to be transferred manually.
Would you like to load the apps that you previously used on your Android device? Open the App Store on your iOS device and download the apps.
Receive assistance with the transfer
If you're having trouble broadcasting your content, here are some things to check:
- The devices must not be used until the transfer is complete. For example, on the Android device, the "Transfer to iOS" app should stay on the screen the entire time. If you use another app on your Android device or receive a call before the transfer is complete, your content will not be transferred.
- Deactivate apps or settings on your Android device that could affect your WiFi connection, such as "Sprint Connections Optimizer" or "Smart network switching". Then look for “Wi-Fi,” under Settings, and place your finger over each known network until you see the option to ignore the network. Tap this option to ignore the network. Then try the transfer again.
- Restart both devices, then try again.
- Turn off the cellular data connection on your Android device. Then try the transfer again.
Receive post-transfer assistance
Any information relating to products not manufactured by Apple or any independent website that is not controlled or audited by Apple is not intended as a recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility for the selection, performance, or use of third party websites and products. Apple makes no representations about the accuracy or reliability of any third party websites. Contact the provider for additional information.
- What is Facebook's Average Monthly Revenue
- Do I have a sensory SPD processing disorder?
- Does it hurt to print girls' breasts
- What is your rating of Greek mythology
- WHICH books should I READ in life
- Can I grill meat in my oven?
- Why should I drive a car
- What are the font styles
- How is the body prevented from decomposing?
- Is the Rajasthani language similar to Hindi
- Why is my cat so social
- What's new in photography
- What is the full form of the CSCE
- Have a cuckoo clock
- Do you cage your dogs at night
- Why should lawyers study economics
- How do probationary periods work
- Is there an app for calculating taxes
- Who is the Best Gynecologist in Jamshedpur
- What machines are cars made with?
- What if Lyanna Stark never got pregnant
- Google Music is free with Google Home
- What makes Magento successful
- How are phonemics and phonetics different