How do I think scientifically
Scientific thinking, working and writing
We would like to develop scientific thinking, working and writing with you.
The course starts philosophically. We will discuss what science does and how it differs from everyday knowledge. After that, however, it quickly becomes practical and we lead you to your own small homework according to university standards. All basic techniques of scientific work from citation to data collection are taught here, we also talk about learning types and work organization.
Is this course for me?
The course is aimed at students who want to develop a feeling for scientific methods, as well as at new students who can take it in addition to the offers of their course. But also Master’s students, whose introductory courses in scientific work were a while ago, can refresh their knowledge in this course. In short: It is suitable for everyone who - for whatever reason - wants or has to write a paper based on scientific standards.
With the course, however, we are primarily targeting non-natural science courses.
What will i learn
- Why and how to do science
- How to write a term paper (topic, research, evaluation, writing)
- How to achieve success with your own way of working.
- How to quote correctly and give sources.
- How and why one collects and evaluates data in order to answer certain questions.
What prior knowledge do I need?
You should be able to read and write. Otherwise this is an introductory course.
0: organizational matters
1: what is science? You will be surprised how few people know when you look at this.
2: The Truth Thing: We're trying to logically prove that your reality doesn't really exist and we don't even know why.
3: Work organization and learning types: If work is real: How do we deal with it?
4: The housework I: On the hunt: Housework is not so difficult if you ...
5: The housework II: Excerpt and fillet: Understanding texts is very easy if you ...
6: The housework III: The recipe - Write, quote and prove: Writing is very easy if ...
7: Getting closer to the truth I: Methods of quantitative empirical research: Can you count? Then you can do research too. We find out what the world is like.
8: Getting closer to the truth II: Qualitative research methods: Can you ask questions? Then you can do research too. We find out what the world is like.
- Why can't I sleep on my back?
- Why do depressed people take depressants
- The world is overcrowded
- What are your ratings of XL Dynamics
- Why are people afraid of feedback
- Can I ask a rhetorical question
- Which is the best android news app
- Can intelligence conquer omniscience
- How big was Pangea
- Can we use DTMF in Voximplant
- How do we track an order
- What do the people of Bengaluru usually eat
- Which marine animal eats sharks
- How does a car ignition work
- Valentine's Day is a Catholic holiday
- What does UX mean for PropTech
- When will USC football become prominent again?
- Is it a choice to be childish?
- Is cyclopentane flammable
- What is the concept behind series connections
- Why are some things bad
- What is good SEO
- What is Forex Market Timing in India
- Is Bosch better than IBM