Why did you like Sudha Murthy
Get to know Uma S - a passionate developer and committed housewife
Readers, welcome back to Tiger Tales! We hope you enjoyed ours Women's Day Series. It's time for another unique story. So here we introduce you to our woman of the week!
Hear it from Uma, an all-rounder at home AND at work! She has some useful tips on how to deal with household and work obligations while chasing your dreams.
Uma is from Bangalore, India. She studied computer science and engineering at the Vemana Institute of Technology in Bangalore. She started her career at Vtiger in 2011 as a developer and has worked here ever since. That's 11 good years ... Wow! She lives with her husband Srinatha and their 2 year old son Sudharshan.
Uma currently leads Vtiger's open source team and manages all open source version responsibilities.
- She interacts with Vtiger's global open source developer community, analyzing their ideas and working to fit them into open source CRM to improve them.
- It plays a crucial role in the open source market. She reviews external integrations for data security, product security, coding standards, and performance, approves them, and adds them to the open source CRM to improve them.
- She also manages Vtiger Open Source's biannual and quarterly releases.
- Finally, she develops and maintains Vtiger Open Source Wiki documentation to aid CRM users.
Uma plans to moderate and update documentation from global open source developers.
Phew ... that's a lot of responsibility, Uma!
What's more interesting is that Uma's passion is her job. “I love programming and developing new things! I think it's great that developers have their perspective on customer requirements and strive to implement them. I am happy with my role at Vtiger. I chose web development as an elective in my last semester. My subject teacher, Syed Akram's love of coding, inspired me to become a developer. ", She says.
Uma also goes to great lengths to keep up with the latest technology. Here are some things she does:
- She's following Reddit to learn about trending technologies.
She also values her team for sharing their knowledge and helping improve their skills. When it comes to personal growth and learning, Uma follows Mindvalley's programs. She is currently enrolled in a course that is all about learning quickly.
When we got to Uma's personal life, we talked to her about fitness, hobbies, and family. Uma likes to take care of her physical and mental health.
"Are you a fitness freak?"
“Yes, I practiced yoga for two years and learned almost all of the asanas. It helps in maintaining mental and physical health. I have also trained some of my staff in yoga. These days my husband and I go jogging every morning. I'd rather say he's my fitness trainer. Starting your day with exercise will keep you energized throughout the day. I also take part in marathons when I get the opportunity. "
Uma follows Sudha Murthy for her simplicity and outlook on life. She also reads her books and recommends Grandma's Bag of Stories to mothers. She loves to cook and play kho-kho. In her free time, she enjoys learning new things and doing online courses. She sure knows how to use her time fairly, doesn't she?
But when the pandemic hit us, our daily routines were disrupted. Working from home has become the new norm and indeed a challenging task for working parents. “The life of a working mother is complicated. My son used to be with my parents on weekdays and I brought him home for the weekends. But since the lockdown, we've brought him in, my husband and me. Every day I find a new plan to manage things. My son doesn't like it when I work on my laptop. He doesn't ask me to play with him, he just wants my presence around him. So I give him some time while I cook and finish my work when he sleeps. Sometimes it's difficult to work eight hours straight, so I rely heavily on time management. And after my husband is back home, he takes care of our son while I devote a few hours to my work. "
Uma's husband Srinatha is very helpful and encouraging. He can't cook, but he helps her with other household chores. Especially during the lockdown, Srinatha became more supportive than ever. As they say, an understanding partner is indeed a blessing, and Uma believes that marriage is an equal partnership.
So three cheers to you, Srinatha!
Although Uma had moments of frustration and a feeling of giving up often, today she is proud of her life.
"Are you excited about the way you currently manage your life?""Yes, I'm happy about it. It was an easy challenge for me to adjust to a new life and routine in the early days of my married life. But I believe in patience. We all have a learning curve and it's different for everyone. "
Uma talks about her professional goals and passionately says that she wants to explore artificial intelligence and machine learning in the coming days. In her personal life, she definitely knows the importance of relationships. That's why she always tries to keep a work-life balance. She also wants to work to make her son a good and successful person.
Uma defined her own ways to lead a life. She is not a quitter; Instead, she believes in finding a way out of any difficult situation and chasing after her dreams. Her mantra about life is: simple life and high thinking.
We are proud of you, Uma! We hope that you will continue to be yourself and make all of your dreams come true. 🙂
Readers, we hope you enjoyed getting to know Uma S. Stay tuned, we have more stories to tell about other fabulous women at Vtiger. See you guys in the next post!
- How to clean chives
- What are the 3 challenges in life
- Where can I buy inexpensive Christmas decorations
- How do you get free airline miles
- What is trypsinization
- Do nuclear weapons really prevent wars
- Is Ellen Pao an active Reddit user
- Tomato removes the browning of the skin
- Black Scholes is difficult
- How is Laissez Faire related to capitalism?
- What is the best guide to cryptocurrencies
- Is Jordi Alba underestimated?
- How can HarmonyOS challenge Android
- Is Micromax a good brand
- What are IOTA's main drawbacks
- What are the benefits of photosynthesis
- Who is Erin Everly married to now
- Forwards your IP address to Skype
- How can a courier be sent?
- What did the soldiers read in World War II
- What is your opinion on Wealthsimple
- How to make homemade congee
- What is the market size of cocoa
- How deaf people think in their heads