What is portrait drawing
Portrait drawing - differentiation based on the image detail
As already described in a previous article, a portrait drawing is about the representation of one or more people. A distinction is made between different types of portrait drawing. There is a distinction on the basis of the person or persons shown, the distinction on the basis of the posture of the head and the subdivision on the basis of the image section shown.
At this point I would like to explain this type of differentiation to portrait drawings to you in more detail.
Differentiation of portrait drawings on the basis of the image detail
In the case of a portrait, the image section means the part that is drawn by the respective person. Most of the time, when you hear the term “portrait” you only think of the head or face of a person, but it is also possible to draw the whole person.
You can distinguish between portraits based on the detail of the image. The following modes of representation exist:
In the full figure, the entire person is represented - from head to toe. The representation can be standing or sitting. In plastic design or sculpture, a statue is used here (as opposed to a bust).
In portrait painting, the knee is the representation of a figure including the knees. However, the drawing ends here below the knees. Here, too, the posture of the person drawn can be standing or sitting.
In the hip picture you can draw the sitter up to the crotch.
In the so-called half-figure, the person is drawn up to the waist. Often the arm is bent so that the hands can also be seen in the portrait.
In the case of the chest piece, only the majority of the upper body is shown. Leonardo da Vinci's famous Mona Lisa, for example, is a chest piece.
The shoulder piece is what most people think of as a typical portrait drawing. Only the head with the shoulder base is shown. The representation ends at armpit level. In plastic design, this type of representation is also referred to as a bust.
The head image is also a particularly common form of representation in portrait painting. Only the head with the neck or a neck section is shown. The human body cannot be seen.
- What is the nature of mind
- Is culture or education more important
- How do you develop character
- Should Neymar be hated so much
- How satellites identify different plant species
- How can I find and find friends
- What are chimaeric molecules
- A mountain is just a big stone
- Do you like to watch video games
- What are the benefits of eating tamales
- What does kyoudai mean in Japanese
- What keeps you going in difficult times
- What do you like to do naked
- Bots make money
- Where is Piramal Arav in Mulund
- Do nuclear weapons have an expiration date
- What are some uses of circular polarization
- What things make you mentally hesitate more?
- May I find an English teacher here
- What will kill algae
- What is the forecast for the 2016 visa bulletin
- Which engineering industry is good for girls
- Are professional ping pong players highly intelligent
- What do festivals bring us
- Why do Rosencrantz and Guildenstern reveal Hamlet
- How would you define a hard time
- Was Jimmy Carter too honest as President
- How does a blanket work
- Facebook is an online dating site
- Why is boron a good refractory material
- What are some good recipes for jambalaya
- What confuses a schizoid
- Tea helps with constipation
- What does SSH Secure Shell protect against