How are commercial essential oils made
Oregano contains the substances carvacrol and thymol, which have scientifically proven antimicrobial effects. In addition, oregano contains antioxidants such as rosmarinic acid, vitamin E and bioflavonoids. Carvacrol and thymol.
The oregano oil is obtained by steam distillation and standardized to a minimum of 70% carvacrol (2-methyl-5- (1-methylethyl) phenol). A microemulsion of 0.5 micron oil particles is then prepared, which is dried and tabletted. Oregano oil is one of the most "irritating" oils. This problem is largely solved by emulsification, which makes the oil better tolerated. The emulsification also increases the contact area and increases the efficiency of pathogen control.
Many volatile oils are known to have antifungal properties and therefore can be useful as antifungal agents. By examining the effectiveness of essential oils against various pathogenic mycetes, the inhibitory effect of some essential oils and their main components against a Candida albicans strain (in vitro) was evaluated. 16 commercially available essential oils and 42 pure ingredients (alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, phenols and hydrocarbons) were tested. Gas chromatography / mass spectroscopic analyzes of the oils tested were performed. The essential oils of Origanum vulgare, Satureja montana, Mentha piperita, Cinnamomum verum and Cymbopogon flexuosus showed a maximum inhibitory activity (MIC = 500 ppm) after 7 days. According to the results of the investigation of pure ingredients, beta-Fellandren turned out to be the most interesting constituent of cyclic monoterpene hydrocarbons due to its high activity (MIC = 50 ppm). The most active of the phenolic group was carvacrol (MIC 100 ppm). The open-chain alcohol 1-decanol was the most active alcohol at 50 ppm. Finally, among aldehydes, trans-cynnamaldehyde has shown strong activity.
Interactions with natural and / or regular drugs are possible.
- Why is deep breathing a problem
- What are some common misconceptions about neuroplasticity
- Dynamo impossible magician can charge the phone
- Is Anker a good power bank manufacturer
- What herbs can be used for depression?
- How does a coconut make milk?
- Oracle 12c in the storage database vs MemSQL
- Are there sharks in Rehoboth Bay
- Is equality really an ethical goal
- Which specifications are important when comparing GPUs
- Why is vegetarianism preferred in India
- Do people prefer manual or electric wheelchairs
- Which framework is easy to learn
- How do I become a pragmatic programmer
- How is Keith Richards personally
- What does Zhuang B mean in Chinese
- What is dialectical behavior therapy DBT
- 20 20 vision is the perfect vision
- Are Wildcraft backpacks worth buying?
- What does Aloware Call Tracking do
- Is it okay to be a pessimist
- What is Brockhampton
- How do genes control our body
- When did K Pop start