Does cheap glasses affect your eyesight?
Worse eyes through glasses?
Wearing glasses makes your eyes worse ... you often hear that from relatives, acquaintances and friends. According to this statement, wearing glasses makes the eyes lazy and thereby deteriorates eyesight (without glasses). So do the eyes really get worse when you wear glasses because they no longer have to exert themselves?
This is really a very persistent visual fairy tale. The clear answer here is: No, glasses have no influence on a person's ametropia (vision). It does not make the eyes worse or better. It also doesn't matter what type of ametropia (farsightedness or nearsightedness) is present. The eyes do not rest with the visual aid and as a result they do not deteriorate faster than without glasses.
It is normal for certain vision problems that the strength of the glasses changes over time. This effect is neither triggered nor influenced by the glasses. The nearsightedness arises z. B. mostly during school days, during the growth phase. Presbyopia occurs from around 45 years of age because the lens of the eye loses its youthful elasticity. Neither - the growth of the eyes and the stiffening of the lens - are affected by glasses.
If you wear glasses and walk around without glasses, you see worse - but you get used to it a little, because the brain learns to deal with the blurring. Of course, poor visual acuity is usually no longer sufficient for driving a car - but it is enough for a lot of housework. It doesn't matter if you leave the glasses off and are satisfied with poor vision for the time being. It doesn't harm the eye. But it is of no use either, because omitting the glasses does not make the eye worse or better.
In the age of fitness, the idea is obvious that you can train not only your body, but also your eyes with training. But that's not true. Eye training can improve muscle strength or mobility. But through muscle training you can z. B. Do not reduce myopia, because it is not caused by weak eye muscles but by the fact that the eye grew too long during school time. Just as you cannot reduce your shoe size through exercise, exercise cannot reduce the size of your eyes either.
There is, however, the possibility to make tired eyes a little fitter again through eye exercises and to reduce visual disturbances caused by tiredness. Because, especially when working on the computer screen for a long time, the view can become blurred and blurred.
Important exception: Small children have to learn to see in the first few years of life. In children who z. B. are nearsighted or farsighted, glasses have the effect that the visual performance of the eye is fully developed. For this reason, children with ametropia must be presented to the ophthalmologist as early as possible and wear glasses regularly.
Discover more visual fairy tales and get to the bottom of visual myths. Or send us your own question now, simply by email or Facebook Messenger.
Find an optician near you now. Just enter your zip code or city and off you go!
- What privileges did medieval soldiers have?
- Where does nausea occur in the body
- Is Anker a good power bank manufacturer
- The exaggeration of job titles is common on LinkedIn
- Has the end of a film ever bothered you?
- Self-defense is biblical
- What are the best product development strategies
- What is the use of high bandwidth
- What are the best Hamilton songs
- Who are the best builders in Thrissur
- Reading reading glasses only magnifying glasses
- Is that adultery 1
- How do you use divergent thinking
- What kind of karate is more useful
- Should the internet service be available to everyone
- Do non-domesticated animals get cancer
- Why are you texting
- Does the physical confrontation with a bully work?
- What is a code of conduct
- How do I buy a new smartphone
- Can I study the soul
- What are the reviews for Thumbtack com
- How often is pizza consumed in China?
- How many beers do you drink
- How to buy Grammy Tickets 2017
- What is the most accurate shotgun on the market
- How good is Grand Valley State University
- Is the Lakshya Institute good for a pipette
- Is Reddit banned in India
- How can I get internships on LinkedIn
- Why are you texting
- What is single view clustering
- What is the best online reputation company
- Are gold fronts healthy for your teeth?