Helps to cook bass guitar strings
How often is it recommended to change the strings?
As some people have said before, it depends on what you want to sound like. Depending on how often you play, your strings will sound a lot duller after a while. Personally, I think when you hit newer strings sound a lot better. You only have this bright beat to them. Also, if you use a pick I think newer strings will sound better.
For most things, however, I like a duller, rounder sound that older strings give after losing their shine. It could be a combination of my amp settings and my playing style, it could also be the fact that I haven't broken a G-string in a while so I just didn't bother changing them and forgot how it sounds.
I wouldn't worry about the fret marks on your strings. I guess I was practicing ~ 4-6 a day when I first put the strings on, that was before college. I switched majors about halfway and didn't play that much. The strings have been there for 7 years I would say. The last 4 of them I play for a maximum of 10 hours a month, maybe without serious practice, only taking in small things here and there.
I would say part of it is happiness. I use DR but I don't remember the exact type and they were the easiest language they had in my local store.
One thing to note is that if you are playing old strings it is good to wipe them off after playing, it is still good to actually do so. I can't imagine how gross they are and I'd rather not think about them, but other than that, old strings will kill any kind of sustain you have and if you were worried about that I would definitely change them once they start to become a dull sound or begin to build up on the strings. There is no specific time frame for this and it depends on how much you play and how damp the area where you store your instruments is.
- How many Hallmark Christmas movies
- Who was Frank the Irish Sheeran
- What is the Tamil word for busy
- Why is rugby not an Olympic sport?
- What are Derek Walcott's best poems
- How do you survive a motorcycle accident
- Is that a real service dog
- The pharmacy is a good course
- How many types of threads are there
- Is education able to create jobs?
- The debate is useful
- Is Pakistan better than China 1
- Is user generated content boom or bane
- What makes an argument absurd
- How old is the profession of writer
- What are the best Japanese books
- What is known about consumer fatigue
- What are tips for participating in the SAT
- How hard is it to get a job
- How will history remember 2000s culture
- What are four major macromolecules
- How to become a Juris Doctor
- What makes cardboard so easy to recycle
- What should I give my friend