Why is vaccination necessary for pets
Russia allows corona vaccine for animals
Moscow - Russia says it was the first country in the world to approve a corona vaccine for animals. Since last October, the vaccine has been tested on dogs, cats and mink, among other things, the Russian agricultural inspectorate announced yesterday.
The Federal Center for Animal Health, which is subordinate to the authority, had developed the preparation called Carnivac-Cov. Antibodies were found in all vaccinated animals, it said.
There is currently no need to vaccinate pets extensively, "because the risks of COVID-19 infection of humans by animals are practically tiny," the Russian state agency quoted as saying Tass a representative of the agricultural inspectorate. Such cases have not yet been scientifically registered.
According to the Friedrich Loeffler Institute (FLI), the situation with pets should still be kept in mind. Therefore, last summer in Germany there was an obligation to report infections
SARS-CoV-2 has been introduced in pets. Since then, three cases have been reported in dogs and four in cats. According to the information, around 90 cases have been reported in cats and 60 cases in dogs.
A vaccine for animals could possibly prevent the spread of virus mutations in the future, according to the Russian press release. The authority also referred to the mink that is particularly susceptible to mutation in SARS-CoV-2.
A zoo in San Diego in the USA had already vaccinated great apes with a vaccine specially developed for the animals. According to information from the FLI, however, there have been no large-scale animal vaccinations so far, as a spokeswoman for the institute said.
To the best of our knowledge, there is currently no approved animal vaccine against the coronavirus in the EU. Russia presumably wants to maintain its mink farms.
According to the FLI, there have been corona infections in mink in many countries that have proven to be highly susceptible to SARS-CoV-2. Denmark had all mink on farms - several million animals - killed and justified this with the fact that the coronavirus had mutated in the animals and had been transmitted to humans. © dpa / aerzteblatt.de
- What is a lethal dose of Klonopin
- Which bike should I never buy?
- How do I delete a Microsoft account
- SHAREit works without a SIM card
- What do festivals bring us
- What season of the year is better to visit Papikondalu
- What inspired you to learn SEO
- What's your favorite pizza chain
- What does hydrophobic mean
- What will kill planet earth
- What makes an ordinary differential equation ordinary
- Google Spreadsheets has statistical functions
- Are the people of Dallas friendly?
- What determines the gender
- Who are the main actors in Brexit?
- Do dogs react to their surroundings
- I don't want to be on Quora
- Should India hold elections at the same time
- Do you want to meet God
- What was Hillary Clinton's campaign slogan
- Who has Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitars
- What is grafting
- Why am I not learning Hindi
- What songs do jam bands try