Why don't we feel the earth twisting?
Why don't we feel the earth moving?
In a car, you have a sense of speed because (a) the "wind" goes by as you speed through the air that is not moving at the same speed as the vehicle, and (b) you have the stationary objects nearby as perceive "move" into the distance behind it.
As the earth moves in its orbit, you will not notice any "wind" from the planet rushing through space, as the earth's atmosphere moves with the planet. The space around the planet does not contain any substance that could give the impression of "wind". The car is surrounded by air. So when you move through the air, it feels like you are moving because the air is flowing by. Since the planet does not move through a particularly gaseous medium, there is no impression of movement, no "wind".
Even when it comes to our planet, there is nothing "close" to create a point of reference that would make it appear that we are moving relative to that reference. Even the closest objects like the moon are so far away that the only obvious impression is that they are moving and we are still. Hence the reason why the geocentric view of our world has prevailed for so long.
Even when you sit still at home, your entire body is moving at the same speed as the rest of the planet, so your brain is not jostled or "turned" at all. When someone shakes you, your speed changes and your body feels the effects of the acceleration, and then you get jostled and turned. But that's because you experience sudden and rapid changes in speed and accelerations.
- What is a simple framework in Java
- Economics is a difficult subject
- Which 2020 SUVs are currently on the market?
- How tender do you make a rib roast
- What is the name of the new SuperCell game
- Gene Simmons is a good bass player
- What is the BODMAS rule in math
- How does AI affect Android?
- How does Google Analytics work in Chrome
- What is a Bytedance folder in Android
- Has anyone seen Wrestlemania this year
- What does inner geek mean
- Which bills did George W. Bush reject?
- Why is GateForum good
- What does Asperger's look like
- How do I make PlastiDip my rims
- Why are half marathons becoming popular
- How is MS Ramaiah for aerospace engineering
- How deep is the Bojack Horsemans pool
- How do I get an explosives license
- Can you go through college without studying
- What are the advantages of PDA
- What is mylar
- What does unquestionably mean
- Which is the best OST recovery tool
- What season of the year is better to visit Papikondalu
- Do feminists make sense in America?
- What is Lallantop? Is it slang
- Hate crimes are on the rise
- What's your favorite Costco benefit
- What is variation Bayes
- When did you learn to sing?
- What fundamental question is asked in psychology?