What if the SCP Foundation existed?
How can the SCP Foundation keep its secrecy in a technologically changing world?
It's actually easier than ever. To address a few points:
Everyone knows that the internet is full of fakes. A few decades ago, a photo was some kind of proof that something existed. Today, your realistic Bigfoot smartphone footage may be photographed by a 15-year-old who lives in his parents' basement. Only idiots believe all of these conspiracy theories with no evidence from a credible source. (And if SCP exists, they certainly run most fact-checking websites).
Likewise, the message cycle is faster than ever. There's no time for long investigations, and even if a journalist does have a story about incredible objects, it's just fake news and conspiracy theories. If the media persists, just post the next sex tape, arrange a mass shooting, or just wait for the next public statement from the president and your story will be old news.
Simply stop recruiting from First World countries for test subjects. There are more than enough Mexicans disappearing into mass graves in a drug war, refugees drowning in the Mediterranean Sea and drug traffickers accused of being shot in the Philippines.
When it comes to leaks, your surveillance is constantly improving, and staff know it. While they might have gotten away with mailing an envelope to a journalist a few decades ago, today you will get the GPS on their phones (leaving home without it definitely will Give cause for investigation) tell you exactly when you went to the mailbox. And if they're crazy enough to try something anyway, did you know that many parts, including power steering, in modern cars these days are computer controlled?
Of course there may be stupid politicians, but politicians are never told anything important anyway. Some may have stumbled upon the deep state, but they are fully aware of its real purpose.
Finally, the most important part: create a website that will catalog all of the things that you store. Call it scp-wiki or something. Then, if anyone gets wind of some of your operations, just point them to the listing and tell them they just ran into a joke inspired by this weird internet horror site.
- I could live upside down
- How can humanity hypothetically destroy the sun
- What does Word Cloud
- What is molecular weight 2
- What are the chemical properties of acetaminophen
- Why do people still believe in marriage?
- What is Kesha's sexuality
- The CBSC Physics Board exam is difficult
- Why is antimatter so expensive
- What is your favorite verb
- How to maintain a website
- Police officers have special diets
- Where is the best view in Poland
- Why are pediatricians so popular
- How did you find joy in life
- Where can I buy a parasol?
- Is better accommodation or rental in Cardiff
- How do I start a news agency
- What is the lack of it all
- Repel domestic mice
- Why isn't the United States invading Venezuela?
- Bitmain loses its monopoly over the crypto currency
- What are the disadvantages of large swords
- How are obsessive-compulsive disorder and narcissism related?
- Where can I read popular books
- Kejawen is a religion
- What are the uses of ceramics
- Is a VR box realistic
- Why don't people show me empathy?
- How was Italy's technology in WWII
- What kind of meat is venison
- Can Libya invade Egypt?
- What are some dope freestyle lyrics