Is Islam a religion or military doctrine
Chris Dougherty: Why America Needs a New Way of War. Washington, D.C .: Center for a New American Security, November 2019
The study is devoted to the question of whether the USA, as the strongest superpower, must adopt a new type of warfare in order to be able to survive against the great powers that are challenging it. According to the author, there is a possibility that China and Russia will successfully challenge the US's undisputed superiority for decades. In addition, it can no longer be assumed that the USA would surely emerge victorious from such a great power conflict. China and Russia have spent nearly two decades studying current American warfare. While the US took military superiority for granted and focused on defeating non-state adversaries, China and Russia have developed strategies and weapons that offset their relative weakness with the United States by disrupting vulnerable hubs in US military operations. These Chinese and Russian strategies, which were once implausible or a long way off, are now beginning to pay off. They are changing the military balances in key regions and urging allies and partners to rethink the U.S. Security guarantees.
In order to get to the bottom of this new challenge, the author initially discusses the concept of the Way of warto then more specifically the current one American way of war to discuss. Due to the changed and dynamic security situation, it is explained why the previous American way of war is a discontinued model. One of the central challenges is the loss of the operational rear area due to the existing possibilities of China and Russia to precisely eliminate targets in the depths of the defense area of the USA and its allies. So far, only the US has had these capabilities. Today, essential logistics centers, command structures and support functions can no longer be protected simply by keeping them at a sufficient distance from the enemy. The destruction of rear bases, logistics, communication and information centers is the core of the Chinese and Russian military doctrines and thus represents the previous one American way of war in question, which was based on the fact that only the US armed forces can carry out such strikes in depth, but not others. Another central challenge is the time component. Although the relative power balance between the US and China / Russia remains ahead, the US and its allies only have relative superiority if there is enough time to respond to a crisis. The USA cannot react quickly enough to time-critical developments and is increasingly being confronted with a fait accompli by China and Russia. In addition to the time dimension, according to the author, there is also a loss of all-domain dominance of the USA to be expected. In addition, the existing weapon systems would have to be subjected to a usability analysis and, if necessary, replaced by other systems. Finally, the author devotes himself to the first steps required to establish a new one American way of war. The study provides a very interesting contribution to the debate, peppered with comprehensible arguments and facts. It sees itself primarily as a warning food for thought, which is always worth reading.
© 2020 Walter de Gruyter GmbH, Berlin / Boston
- Who is Rambha Hindu Mythology
- What is the nature of a narcissist
- Jasmine is a common name for a boy
- Is there communalism in India
- What is the Boehm-Aharanov Effect
- What is meant by a Spanishad
- What does 91 octane gasoline mean?
- What is the height of the Everglows member
- What is Kadaknath Chicken
- Can you read Odia?
- Who is beyond the law
- The Galaxy J series has been discontinued
- Why are metals different from non-metals
- What are the benefits of eating doener
- Which companies offer an internship on weekends?
- What the refund wrongly charge in paytm
- What is the best crypto currency for beginners
- What is the most precious thing you have
- Crypto currencies are no longer a bubble
- Effective Altruism Promotes Impact Investing
- Should a new believer be baptized immediately
- What causes the bruising of the skin
- Karnataka Ayurveda Medical College is good
- What are the most popular chat rooms