What are some medicinal benefits of cannabis
This is how cannabis as medicine can help
The extract of the hemp plant, cannabis, is banned in Germany. Cannabis, as dried flowers (marijuana) or resin (hashish), is not only an intoxicant, but also a very effective drug that plays a special role in pain therapy. Until recently, cannabis drugs in Germany were only approved for spasticity and multiple sclerosis. For a good year now, there has also been a right to be prescribed cannabis medication for other serious illnesses.
Who can get cannabis on prescription?
Cannabis is not the first choice because it doesn't help everyone: Doctors prescribe cannabis products - such as dronabinol drops - for chronically ill patients who can no longer tolerate common painkillers or whose painkillers no longer work. Cannabis is most likely to work against pain that arises in the nervous system. Above all, spastic and neuropathic pain, which often occurs in cancer patients after radiation therapy, can be relieved quite effectively. Cannabis can also be helpful for phantom pain after amputations. Doctors may, if necessary, prescribe the pure flowers or cannabis preparations in the form of capsules, drops, oil or as an oral spray.
How cannabis works
Cannabis contains more than 100 active ingredients. The two most important are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD):
- THC lifts the mood, changes perception (foggy) and relieves pain.
- CBD anti-inflammatory, relieves cramps, relieves anxiety and relieves pain.
Cannabis has advantages that other active ingredients do not have: The body itself produces very similar substances, the so-called endo-cannabinoids, which develop their effect via various receptors that are also sensitive to ingested cannabis active ingredients. The CB1 receptor is found in the central nervous system and many other organs and relieves anxiety, stress, restlessness and pain. The CB2 receptor is located in the immune cells of the lungs and intestines and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
There is a lack of empirical values
There are still too few empirical values and studies on effectiveness, long-term and side effects, because cannabis was not allowed to be used and examined due to the previous legal situation. If dosed too high, cannabis spray, for example, can limit short-term memory. Cannabis drugs are not suitable for patients with depressive disorders or other psychiatric illnesses, or for patients with heart diseases such as cardiac arrhythmias.
This topic in the program:
Visit | 02/27/2018 | 8:15 pm
- Is learning java better than learning selenium
- What is preempt in networking
- Why are organic compounds called organic compounds
- Which alphabet is a source of salt
- Does Khabib Nurmagomedov look Russian for you
- Is the rumor about the takeover of Tinyowl real?
- America needs more Congress
- Who could beat the Lichkoenig 1v1
- Where and why was kitesurfing invented
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham accepts donations
- Why was Gothic art created
- What is James Spader known for?
- Is tramadol stronger than vicodin
- What are some simple encryption
- Who made the Embark product video
- What are the fields in game development
- What musical influence do the police have the most?
- What should I call my brother's husband
- Are Hemipterae edible
- Cisco ICND2 100 105 exam dumps
- Why do we sometimes suddenly feel dangerous
- Eating ladybug apple
- Imams keep dogs
- I could let thick facial hair grow
- What should everyone know about teamwork
- How to Stay Safe on Craigslist
- Are you on the fence about anything
- What is the nature of vengeance
- When does the inference fail?
- Why is Pennsylvania interesting
- How much does a 1024 600 pixels cost
- What are the benefits of the labor energy rate
- What is the name of a large insect nest