Has Iceland winter sports
5 good reasons for a skiing holiday in Iceland
For all ski fans who want to spend a special kind of ski vacation, Iceland is the ideal travel destination. Winter in Iceland isn't as cold as some might think. Due to the warming Gulf Stream, the average temperature in Reykjavik in January is 0.4 ° Celsius. Here are 5 good reasons from SnowTrex why skiing in Iceland is definitely worth it.
1. Small country, large selection of slopes
In the small island state of Iceland, winter sports enthusiasts can look forward to 75 kilometers of slopes in a total of 11 ski areas. The largest of these is the Bláfjöll ski area (700 m) with 15 km of slopes, which translates as "Blue Mountains", closely followed by the Hlíðarfjall-Akureyri (950 m) ski area with 14.9 km of slopes. In the Skálafell ski area (700 m), on the other hand, you will find the longest ski slope in Iceland at 1.2 km. All eleven ski areas are spread across the island, so the access to the next ski area is usually not far away, regardless of which part of the island you spend your vacation in.
2. Skiing with a sea view
What is impossible in the Alps is not uncommon or rather common in Iceland: skiing with a view of the sea. So not only is your breath taken away by the white expanses of Iceland, but also by the view of the blue expanses of the ocean at the same time. And as if that weren't enough, in some ski areas you are also surrounded by fascinating volcanic landscapes. Can it be more varied?
3. Romantic night skiing
Attention romantics: The Bláfjöll ski area regularly offers night skiing on illuminated slopes. This is incredibly popular not only with the locals, but also with the guests, not least because the already breathtaking view of the surrounding volcanic landscape and the sea is even more fascinating.
4. Northernmost metropolis in the world
Would you like to do something after a day of skiing? Then you should plunge into Reykjavik's lively nightlife. There are countless pubs, bars and restaurants here that invite you to party and have fun. And the world's northernmost metropolis also has a lot to offer during the day: for example the concrete church Hallgrimskirkja or the Perlan with Saga Museum. The hot water tanks are the symbol of the city. At the same time, with a bit of luck, you can marvel at the fascinating northern lights. The harbor and the concert hall are also not to be missed. If you want to have a special kind of wellness day, you should definitely pay a visit to the Blue Lagoon - an outdoor thermal pool.
5. Perfect cross-country trails
For those who would like to try cross-country skiing in addition to skiing, the aforementioned Bláfjöll ski area is ideal. If the weather conditions allow, i.e. enough snow, cross-country trails are groomed here. Cross-country skiers can then ski a full 33 km. In addition, the cross-country trails are quite sheltered from the wind in the valley, so there are perfect conditions for cross-country skiing. There is a large parking lot right next to the cross-country ski trails.
Isn't skiing in Iceland right for you? How about a skiing holiday in Sicily?
- How do I find hotels in Ankara
- What is the radius of the earth
- What is work loaded facility
- What are some new library concepts
- Can the filling be cooked in the microwave
- What is the future of microservices
- What is the psychology behind wanderlust
- Is that a real service dog
- What are some collaborative projects like Wikipedia
- What government role do aerospace engineers have?
- What other theories are there besides supersymmetry?
- What is the voting method for the congressional district
- Which Naipaul book is the best
- Let us make ourselves stronger when we are students
- Why do we cry 8
- Are Thailand and Spanish enemies
- Who is your favorite heavyweight boxer
- Why is the user interface of Quoras getting worse and worse
- What do you mean yourself
- Who is your favorite comedian in India
- Why will writing be important in the UK
- Why didn't you join the Air Force
- What is the purpose of Thomson's atomic model
- How many prime numbers end with 3
- What do Java Beans do
- Tools Why was the Phillips screw invented
- Intermittent fasting is anti-aging
- IIMs only conduct interviews on weekends
- Actors have to sing
- How do you develop character
- Why is NFL not popular in the EU
- What is the best Chevy Impala model
- How do you develop character