What is the SWOT analysis on Quora
Quora launches German version
The knowledge platform Quora is now also available in German. After a beta phase of several weeks, the German version has been freely accessible since Tuesday. Quora is based on the question-and-answer principle. Based on your own usage behavior and the ratings of other users, questions on specific topics and the answers to them are displayed. Registered users can write questions and answers themselves or search the platform.
"Our focus is on quality," emphasized company boss Adam D'Angelo when the German version was presented in Berlin on Tuesday. In contrast to the Internet search engine Google, he said: "Its mission is to organize the world's information. Quora wants to bring more knowledge to the Internet." Knowledge is linked to language, which is why the company has to grow here. "Over 200 million people in the world speak German. It is an important language for us."
The variety of topics on Quora is colorful: nutrition, education, history, philosophy, everyday life and much more. You can ask what you want, stressed D'Angelo. Quora then displays the questions to users who the platform believes have knowledge of the field. To do this, Quora analyzes, among other things, user interests as well as data such as place of residence or a university degree in a subject. Answers to a question are sorted based on the quality of the authors and user feedback.
The English-language version of the Californian company, which was launched seven years ago, now has more than 200 million users a month, according to the company. Well-known politicians such as former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are also active on Quora.
At the start in the German-speaking market, D'Angelo said: We want to offer quality and gain trust. He did not name specific growth targets. Quora has been in Spanish since last year, and French and Italian versions were added in spring 2017. The individual Quora platforms are not linked to one another. There are considerations to integrate them better for multilingual users.
Looking at other German-language question-and-answer portals such as Gutefrage.net, Kerstin Ewelt, who looks after the German Quora platform, said: There is no competition, both have their place on the market. "We have content at a deeper level," she said. Ewelt emphasized the real name rule that set Quora apart from others. (dpa / ib)
- Aesthetically, is the Indiana Jones franchise diesel punk
- Do you think Arnold Schwarzenegger is overrated
- Why does Trump advertise Modi
- Who was Herculess' mother
- HBO owns the sky
- Is the consumption of peanuts harmful to your health?
- How is ambient music different from muzak?
- Why do poodle mixes shed so much
- Are storm shelter safe
- How do you learn social science questions
- Do you have a favorite incense
- What is the best hair care product
- What are the political opinions of God
- What is a lethal dose of Klonopin
- Can consciousness ever be expressed mathematically?
- Which is the fastest man made thing
- Why is sex addiction bad
- When was pro wrestling first on TV?
- Who is the Best Neurosurgeon in Pune
- What does q Command do under Linux
- Tarte makeup is really natural
- What is interactive health
- What is an unforgettable Christmas memory
- What are the most beautiful looking font styles
- Are dogs satisfied with just being with people?
- What's your worst humiliating wedding experience
- What are the basics of sociology
- How old is NHS
- What factors affect gold rates in India
- How do you see BCE Bhagalpur
- Who determines whether the product is organic
- Are you concerned about PMP preparation?
- Why do some Quorans not follow anyone
- What is good SEO