What are the uses of ceramics
Technical ceramics: properties, application
Technical ceramics are highly specialized ceramic materials whose properties are designed for technical applications. Since the properties of the materials can be influenced very differently, it is used in many areas of application.
Synonym (s): high-performance ceramics, industrial ceramics, engineering ceramics
Compared to ordinary ceramics, which are used for decorative purposes or tableware, high-performance ceramics are subject to certain qualitative requirements, which means that some material properties differ from those in general. These special ceramic materials can be used to create high-performance components for industry.
It is made from ceramic powder, an organic binder and liquid. The materials are shaped under heat after the individual components have been mixed. This process is called sintering. Important in the manufacturing processes are z. B. the shape, the firing process, the processing temperature and the grain size. By changing the points mentioned, different material properties can be created from the same mixture of substances. But the ceramic molded parts only get their special features during the sintering process.
Areas of application
Due to the many advantageous material characteristics, components made of technical ceramics are used in a wide range of fields of activity. Also includes:
High-performance ceramics are sometimes used as a substitute for metal. This type of ceramic material is used primarily in bearing and sealing technology. The components include z. B. Pipes, seals, heat sinks, tools, connectors, plugs and bushings.
The base materials include oxides such as zirconium oxide, magnesium oxide, aluminum oxide, silicates such as alkali aluminum silicates and non-oxides such as nitrides.
Depending on the production, different material properties can be achieved, which bring different advantages.
- Low-wear components with service lives
- Electrically neutral
- Dimensionally stable
- Chemical resistance
- Mechanic solidity
- High hardness
- Heat resistance
- low or high thermal conductivity (depending on the material)
- Low expansion coefficient
Important manufacturers of technical ceramics
CeramTec, Doceram, Barat Ceramics, FRIATEC
Sembach uses the three mold environment methods dry pressing, extrusion and ceramic injection molding.
Zell Quarzglas: In addition to quartz glass and technical glass, Zell Quarzglas also produces oxide ceramics.
- What are the characteristics of a hypocrite
- What is Swarmalika in Classical Music
- Munchery only delivers chilled food
- What is the purpose of the Pygmalion Effect
- How do I overcome my problem
- What does sparring mean in karate
- Is the Jio fiber overdrawn
- MGTOW jargon What is a simp
- Are storm shelter safe
- Why should only men propose
- How can we stop the gift vacation
- What if The Thing were real
- Which flavors go best with almond butter
- How do I find an artist to be an apprentice
- What qualifications are required for young scientists?
- What is the first bike
- What world events happened in 2002
- What is the use of solvent dyes
- Why should I be deported 1
- Why do some Quorans not follow anyone
- UBC is a graduate mill school
- What are the types of bonsai trees
- Did Eol deserve to die?
- What is a Venetian plaster