A thesis can consist of three sentences
A thesis is an assertion. The thesis is set up to introduce an argument and is considered the starting point for such. It is therefore the basis of a scientific work and must be proven with valid means. In dialectical argumentation, the logical counterpart of the thesis is the antithesis.
So the thesis is a sentence or a thought that has to be proven. This means that the truth content must be proven by evidence. Basically, the evidence should be based on strong evidence. In schools, where discussion is primarily based on argument, weak evidence is sufficient. Accordingly, every argument for a thesis is also a proof for this (→ argument types).
However, arguments are considered weak evidence because there is a very high probability that they are correct. That's because arguments are on regressive and inductive Proofs are based and therefore cannot be derived mathematically.
- Regressive evidence: In regressive proof, as many conclusions as possible are drawn from the thing to be proven. If these are all true, it is very likely that the proposition to be proved is true.
- Inductive proof: Here, a part of the totality is used to infer the totality. For example, if all wasps observed were black and yellow, it is assumed that all wasps are black and yellow.
Propose a thesis
The thesis tries to bundle the most important things from a series of different statements. The essentials should pragmatic highlighted. Pragmatic means that we do what is necessary and proven to work.
If you want to make a thesis, you basically formulate an assertion that something is one way or another. For example, we could claim that school uniforms increase the sense of community among students and reduce cases of bullying in German schools.
- It is important that we make our assertion formulate clearly and distinctly. So there should be no chance that the thesis that has been put forward will be misunderstood.
- We should work in one several theses set up, we have to make sure that this In no case contradict the contentbecause otherwise we will refute ourselves.
- If we are formulating the thesis contradict other theses, we need to clearly mark this and clearly state why we are doing this.
- If we want to prove the thesis in the following work, we may do not deviate from the assertion. The thesis must remain the same from the beginning to the end of the work.
Tip: If you would like to set up several theses in a paper, write them down on a separate sheet and check whether the claims contradict each other.
Thesis and hypothesis
Anyone who argues uses theses that he would like to prove in retrospect. A knowledge-damaging form of the thesis is the hypothesis that is not true (~ correct) have to be.
We mostly encounter this method when interpreting and analyzing literary works and, of course, mostly in connection with poetry analysis. We are only making a guess as to which observations we were able to make in the plant and how these will relate to one another.
That means that the hypothesis is contrary to the thesis too untrue can bewhat we must therefore check in the work. In the case of a thesis, we always assume that it is true and we prove this truth. In the case of the hypothesis, we only examine the truth content of the statement → interpretation hypothesis.
But that also meansthat a thesis is always true because we prove it in the argument. If we cannot prove it, then it is not a matter of a thesis, but merely a conjecture or a hypothesis.
The scientific thesis
It was described what has to be considered when making a thesis. However, these guidelines mainly related to German lessons.
With regard to theses that should meet a scientific claim, we should apply further standards. Although there is no clear set of rules for formulating a thesis, there are a few things that can be observed in order to increase the acceptance of such a claim.
- Claim and criteria of a scientific thesis
- Unambiguous and clear judgment: The conclusion must be logical and always understandable for the reader of the work.
- Falsifiability: An assertion is falsifiable if there is an observation sentence with which the assertion can be challenged. This means that our claim can theoretically be refuted.
- Identical representation: If a thesis was set up at the beginning, it must remain identical until the end of the thesis and must not deviate from the original variant.
- Contradiction: The thesis should not contradict any accepted thesis.
- Restriction: In addition, it should not limit any other thesis.
- Logic: The claim must be logical and should not contain any logical contradiction.
- Facts: Ideally, the statement is not only true, but can be substantiated by facts (examples, experiments).
- Evidence: The thesis should not be an evident judgment. This means that the result is not obvious and obvious to everyone. Then what did we study it for?
- Where do I report military misconduct
- What are the main aspects of philosophy
- How do Navy Seals build mental stamina
- Is it okay to be a pessimist
- Has Disney monopolized the film industry
- How was your college orientation
- Is Andrew Luck better than Tom Brady
- Article 21 is beneficial
- How can I make panipuri at home
- How can a courier be sent?
- How can I become a food manager
- Do people still have a neighborhood doctor?
- Who was the Einstein before Albert Einstein
- How to exchange Bitcoin for Libra
- How valid are your opinions
- Who proposed Abdul Kalam as president
- Should I contact my ex-FSO parents?
- Corn increases the fat in the body
- How to convert CCs to PS
- What is meant by stapled Visa 1?
- Boris Johnson is American
- Eating ladybug apple
- What are the preachers about 10
- Why do I hate nostalgia
- Which alphabet is a source of salt
- What percentage of Jews marry among themselves?
- What is trypsinization
- What is a wireless RF keyboard
- Quora now allows emoticons
- But what does that mean was exquisitely mean
- Valentine's Day is a Catholic holiday
- Sometimes empaths can experience symptoms of depression
- Why is my Quora question not being submitted
- Online Florist versus Florist Shop