How is M Sc doing at IIT Roorkee
Seminar SoSe 19
B.Sc / M.Sc. Elective module
Lecturer: Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Manfred Speidel
Historical half-timbered houses in the LVR open-air museum in Kommern
Event together with the Department of Architectural Theory, RWTH Aachen University, Prof. Axel Sowa, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Manfred Speidel
The LVR open-air museum in Kommern, approx. 40 km south of Düren, houses buildings and farms from the Eifel, Westerwald, Lower Rhine and Bergisches Land. In order to preserve the half-timbered buildings, defective compartments are rebuilt with clay in the traditional construction method: hazel branches are woven around oak sticks and then pelted with clay; finally the surfaces are compacted.
The practical handling of historical buildings and historical building methods is interesting for architects as well as for preservationists.
Architecture students can take part in the work under the guidance of the museum's carpenters and bricklayers.
The seminar takes place as an event in the field of architectural theory, but students from other faculties or universities as well as non-students are also welcome.
Introduction date: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 from 5 p.m .: Location: site in Seffent, RWTH Aachen shock wave laboratory, Schurzelterstr. 35, behind the railway viaduct. Bus no.24 to the Viadukt stop.
The plan is to continue building a half-timbered barn.
Accommodation: is provided free of charge in the (youth) hostel in the open-air museum: Bring bed linen and (warm) sleeping bags, as well as rubber and construction site boots, as well as food. Cooking is possible in the shared accommodation. Lunch can also be taken in the restaurant of one of the village groups.
Directions: The best way is by car. Form car pools. There is probably a bus from Düren to Mechernich. The train only runs from Cologne via Euskirchen to Mechernich. A car from the open-air museum can meet you at Mechernich train station by prior arrangement.
Number of participants: 15 people
Service: Documentation of the work and the results with text, drawings and photos by August 26, 2019.
Submission: Monday, August 26th, 2019, 2-4 p.m., Secretariat Architectural Theory
Address and address:
Dr. Josef Mangold, museum director
Dr. Carsten Vorwig, deputy, Volker Kirsch, architect
LVR open-air museum Kommern, Auf dem Kahlenbusch
53894 Mechernich-Kommern / Rhineland
- What does the word lexicon mean
- What plants have you grown so far?
- A mountain is just a big stone
- How does the remote display work
- Is it possible to regenerate nerve damage
- When does the speciation take place
- Why did cowboys wear cowboy hats
- American Conservatives hate feminism
- What is life on campus
- How do you know about yourself
- How to write code mindfully
- How do you create MIDI files
- How can you extend a satellite cable
- How safe is Bangladesh for foreign women
- Who are the best in digital marketing
- Why don't babies like diapers
- What do you think of Ohio University
- Which is the best sports film
- Why is Hopkins considered a British poet
- Are we already taken?
- Why did the euro fail
- You can create a subnet on a Verizon router
- Why did the euro fail
- Excluded from school what to do next
- What processes reduce the salinity of the ocean
- Black snakes are territorial
- Why did the Hawaiians kill James Cook
- Should I invest in Gold SIP
- Which is the most environmentally harmful brand in the world
- Why don't people like cold showers
- What can RAW learn from the Mossad
- How can I add flavor to alcohol?
- What miracles have you seen yourself
- What has capoeira done for your life