What's the Best Homemade Cockroach Killer
Once cockroaches have made themselves comfortable, they are difficult to get rid of. However, there are home remedies you can use to fight the pests.
- A cockroach invasion in the house? With something like that, many get a queasy feeling in their stomach.
- There is a lot you can do to keep things from getting that far.
- Because many simple home remedies will help you fight the cockroaches.
Where do cockroaches particularly like to romp around?
Sometimes you can see them scurrying across the kitchen floor - but what hiding place did the cockroach just crawl from? And is there maybe even more? The animals mostly come into the house through cracks and crevices - or simply through doors and windows. In case you don't know exactly where the core of the problem is, here is a small list of places in the house where cockroaches often hide:
- in sewage pipes in bathrooms and kitchens, air conditioning systems or heating pipes
- behind household appliances such as ovens or refrigerators
- under flooring
- in drawers for clothes, writing utensils, etc.
- in materials or furniture made of wood
Once you've located the cockroach's loophole, you can move on to fighting the uninvited guests. Note, however, that the tips apply to smaller infestations and you call an exterminator if the population is larger should.
Read herehow to get rid of clothes moths or a plague of ladybugs.
These home remedies declare war on cockroaches
- laurel: If there's one thing cockroaches can't stand - besides light - it's the smell of laurel. So just spread a few leaves of the plant in the place where the cockroaches have made themselves comfortable. The insects will run away quickly - but this is no guarantee that they won't just make themselves comfortable in another place.
- Catnip: In principle, this plant works the same as laurel. Just spread them where you suspect the cockroaches - or all over the house.
- Vinegar and pepper: In combination, you can really make life difficult for the cockroaches with it. Because vinegar is considered a barrier for cockroaches. If you sprinkle some more pepper on it, you hardly have a chance to overcome it. So once you've found the hiding place for the insects, just spread vinegar and pepper around it - as far as your soil can handle vinegar - and they'll have a hard time getting to their food sources around the house.
- Baking soda and sugar: Mix the two remedies in equal parts and scatter them around the house. The cockroaches are attracted by the sugar and taste it - the baking soda, however, produces gases that kill the pests.
- borax is used in the household for soap or water softener. But it also works against cockroaches - as soon as they come into contact with it, the water is withdrawn from them and they perish.
Interesting too: How to get rid of pesky fruit flies.
How to prevent a cockroach infestation
So that cockroaches don't even have the chance to spread around your home or to feel comfortable, you can do a lot as a preventive measure. That includes you
- Crevices and cracks cover in the house or on windows and doors.
- Regularly under Furniture and carpets suck.
- No waste or unwashed dishes let stand around.
- Clean shelves and drawers.
- Kitchen and Bathroom ventilate regularly, as cockroaches feel comfortable in high humidity.
This is why you should definitely take action against cockroaches
The pests are known to be diseases like Salmonella, tuberculosis, typhoid, gastrointestinal flu or hepatitis transferred to. But other legacies of these insects are also unhealthy for humans: excrement, saliva and skin residues can Allergies, asthma, or eczema trigger. On top of that, experts If a cockroach is sighted, assume that there are at least 200 more in the house! In any case, you should act quickly in order to put a stop to the multiplication.
Suitable for this: How to drive away wasps easily. Or: Silverfish don't stand a chance against these remedies.
List of rubric lists: © dpa / Stephanie Pilick
- Has a drug changed your life?
- Why does Costco sell vacations
- How many eggs can a cat eat
- Which is a room temperature superconductor
- What is the purpose of the heart valves
- What is the origin of the word delicious
- How can I update my phone?
- How can a law help stop racism?
- How do I keep my smartphone cool?
- How often does Cognizant offer on-site facilities
- What are the best battery operated saws
- Can an electric field be blocked
- What is a favorite food for cats
- American Conservatives hate feminism
- What are the most common business projects
- Can argon be a solid liquid
- Who is Scarlett Moffatt
- Smartron srt phone is made in India
- What is 7 8 in decimal form
- Who won the most Oscars in 2002
- What are the football leagues in India
- How can I understand math 1
- What's your favorite memory of Austin
- What are your fees for SEO SMO