Does a fetus recognize the voice of a father
Everyday family life in the corona crisis
It was not that long ago that the father-child relationship played a role in the specialist literature mainly in the phase of separation of the child from the mother and in the gender identity of boys during puberty. This fact was also reflected in reality and fathers often had the attitude that small children mainly need their mother and that they are only actively needed when the little ones can play with a ball.
However, observations and studies with newborns and small children have produced completely different results: the child already perceives the father's voice in the womb and can later distinguish it from other voices.
The infant reacts differently to the father
If we now examine the question of what role the father plays for a newborn child, it is noteworthy that a special relationship can be observed even in this early phase. If the mother approaches the infant and he notices her proximity, the smell and her voice, his pulse rate slows down and the motor skills become calmer. When the father approaches the baby, the pulse and motor skills accelerate and he lifts his shoulders as if he were about to jump. This could mean that in this early phase of life the mother induces security and security in the child, whereas the father induces activity and curiosity. Both impulses are essential for a person's development. Adults also need periods of rest and periods of activity.
Fathers are different
The father is often less predictable in his behavior to young children than the mother, who is very familiar. Fathers take the little ones in, juggle with them and are generally not that careful with their dealings. As a result, the small child is initially confused and, if overwhelmed, it can cry, so that the mother comes to help. On the other hand, the child gets to know new things, to feel differently and to experience its own limits very early on. That has consequences. Even outdoors in nature, the father often trusts the child to do a lot, lets him climb trees or make a campfire with him. It is important that the father spends time alone with the child, because this is the only way to feel the difference in interaction and to distinguish it from the mother's style.
When fathers bring toddlers to daycare or kindergarten, they are often experienced as less clingy and then make dad walk easier again. Observations have shown that such children are more willing to try out new toys when their father is present and to move further away from the caregiver's safety zone. When the father leaves the room, they seek it more often only through eye contact; when the mother leaves, however, it is easier for them to cry. This also indicates the importance of the father in relation to the detachment of the child.
Fun fights with the father
- What is an empty MP3 file
- How to make an Easter basket
- How can you become a packaging designer
- What's the point of an electric typewriter
- What is considered an experience on a resume
- What is advertising and public relations
- Will Overwatch be the next big eSport?
- Human resources become superfluous in business life
- What do statisticians think of FiveThirtyEight
- Why is web design so popular
- What is the stomata control mechanism
- Why did Chris Cornell kill himself
- Does Trump have a business brain trust
- Does the air pressure affect the light
- Internet use is becoming more private
- Better to name Saul overlapping Breaking Bad
- What happened to Snapchat
- Which phone started the Android revolution?
- I could let thick facial hair grow
- Why is Russia jealous of huge Vietnam
- How deep is the abdominal aorta
- Stress can cause a thyroid storm
- Can I become a doctor at 33
- How to calm an aggressive macaw