How do you eat meatballs
The best meatballs out of the oven - delicious!
Meatballs from the oven are just great! They have no natural enemies, everyone likes them. Meatballs are made in no time and the ingredients are on every corner. My children love it when I give them a few to take with them to school. If there is a plate somewhere with leftover copies from lunch - I can't see how they have been eaten away so quickly.
It's worth making a decent portion right away and freezing a lot of it. Thawed in the oven and heated briefly under the grill, they can be used immediately.
Meatballs from the oven - my basic recipe
With this basic recipe, you can make delicious meatballs in the oven in no time at all, which you can always serve differently. Sometimes baked on tomato vegetables with mozzarella, as a Königsberger Klopse in teriyaki sauce as an Asian snack or as a Swedish national dish: Köttbullar. The recipe comes from my great-grandmother - her secret: a little boiled potato makes the meatballs fluffy.
Once an oven, always an oven!
The oven method is also great if the mince is a little softer. Chill the mixture for an hour before molding and then place the meatballs on a baking tray lined with baking paper. They would easily break in the pan when turned - this cannot happen on the baking sheet!
For your recipe collection, here is the recipe to print out:
With this basic recipe, you can make delicious meatballs in the oven in no time at all, which you can always serve differently. Sometimes baked on tomato vegetables with mozzarella, as a Königsberger Klopse in teriyaki sauce as an Asian snack or, like today, as a Swedish national dish: Köttbullar! The recipe comes from my great-grandmother - her secret: a little boiled potato loosens the meatballs.
Once an oven, always an oven! The oven method is also great if the mince is a little softer. Chill the mixture for an hour before molding and then place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. They would easily break in the pan when turned - this cannot happen on the baking sheet!
My tips for delicious meatballs: How are meatballs loosened up?
- How are meatballs loosened up? Bread, oatmeal and potatoes make the meatballs fluffy and juicy. However, bread and rolls should be stale and soaked in milk or water before processing the meat. If you don't have old, dry rolls at home, you can also use breadcrumbs. I use a mixture of potatoes, breadcrumbs and oatmeal.
- When are the meatballs ready? Meatballs should always be cooked “through”. This is especially important when you use mixed minced meat. The cooking time depends on the size of the meatballs. The bigger it is, the longer it takes to cook. Every stove is different. Therefore, just make a test two minutes before the end of the specified cooking time and cut a meatball in half. If you still see a raw core, give them another two to three minutes.
- Which sauce goes well with meatballs? It's very simple: Anything you like is allowed, because meatballs are real all-rounders in the kitchen and like to adapt. With my basic recipe, the meatballs are seasoned so that their own aroma comes into its own and that's why you are welcome to let your imagination run wild here. I have them here as a Kötbullar with a cream sauce and cranberries served. But you can also enjoy a tomato sauce or simply a good mustard with it.
- Meatballs as finger food? Yes, yes, yesaa! That's perfect. For really good finger food, however, make them a little smaller than stated in the recipe. They should be small enough that you can relax and take them in your mouth with one bite. Maybe you serve small skewers and a bowl with a garlic dip or satay sauce ?!
Meatballs are always in season
According to my calculations, you should now (unless you are a vegetarian or vegan) have the taste of meatballs on your tongue. Maybe you also have a family recipe that you always use to prepare your meatballs. Or do you have a completely different idea? If so, please let me know. I can't have enough great recipes! And I'm just curious to see what's simmering in your pots. Feel free to write me a comment - I'm looking forward to it!
And another recipe for meatballs
So, now to the pots, get set, go! I hope you enjoy the recipe and look forward to news, suggestions, criticism and praise. I think praise is the best!
All the best for you and always a hand's breadth of water under your keel,
... and for everyone who, like me, are self-confessed victims of Pinterest, there is still something to pin 🙂
pin pin pin
- Which is the best browser for Windows
- How do I become satan
- What are cordless DECT phones
- Does Python have an interface
- Did you love your abusive parents?
- Can HDMI cables be of poor quality?
- Do you like SnapBacks
- How do people communicate like plants
- Why do magpies sing in the morning
- Why do we use in Splunk
- Who makes the best camping equipment
- How can I make panipuri at home
- Word processors are a notepad
- What screams I'm liberal in the UK
- How does IBM's Watson
- Which Broadway musical should be revived
- How to calculate a a b
- Which is the first king of India
- What does law enforcement mean
- Which lagna or ascendant will die brutally
- Is alcohol bad for your dog?
- How is the night life in Abuja Nigeria
- What did Camila Cabello say
- What is a slime mold