What are the functions of literature
Functions of literature
w General education
w Participation in cultural life, material for conversation
wLegitimation for better opportunities for advancement
wLanguage Education: Speaking and Writing!
w Taste formation
w Transfer of knowledge (historical, psychological etc.)
w Self-confidence of a class / class / gender:
- 18th century: rising bourgeoisie versus nobility
- 20th century: proletariat
- from 1970: women's literature / emancipation
wProcessing your own problems
wTransmitting other people's life experiences
wI-becoming through identification and demarcation
w Expansion of consciousness
w Social criticism, political education
Features especially of love poetry
wPraise the loved one / praise love
Advertise for the loved one
w Expression of being in love, happiness or gratitude
w Expression of longing or hope
w Expression of love affliction (jealousy, loss, etc.)
w Linking love with another area of experience (e.g. nature / politics)
wMocking false feelings / sentimentality / being in love
wDistraction from ... (escapism)
w Displacement of factual and factual knowledge
w Neglecting other important things
w Embarrassment gift, reputation addiction on the bookshelf
As an exercise: answer the following questions in a brief summary!
wWhat functions does »Michael Kohlhaas« have for the author himself?For the contemporary reading public? For today's reader? For you personally? What function does the film adaptation by V.Schlöndorff from 1969 (!) Fulfill?
wWhat are the functions of "visiting the old lady"?
wWhat are the functions of the "process"?
- Who is the happiest man or the happiest woman alive
- What makes you depressed about your childhood?
- How is the Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge
- Is Bosch better than IBM
- What's your plan according to CMA
- How should I overcome self-depression
- What is the Google APAC test
- Life is basically sad
- Psychopaths like sex
- Did you love your abusive parents?
- Carnivorous plants are low in nitrogen
- How can I breed goldfish
- What is causing pain in your ear
- What is pure concentrated evil
- How is the US climate protection policy
- Which banks do transfers in Ghana
- Why does ATP contain adenine and ribose
- What temperature is dry ice kept?
- How do exchange networks work
- If 6x 8 26 what is x
- Why doesn't everyone just use Vanilla JS
- What does the Microsoft intranet look like
- How successful will Motorola Solutions be
- How can I help someone on Quora