Any genius is slightly autistic
Savant syndrome: description
Often people show with intellectual disabilities or one profound developmental disorder, to them all forms of autism include outstanding skills in a small, specialized sub-area. The term "Island talent“Describes perhaps even better what exactly this phenomenon is. Because of their illness, those affected often have a reduced intelligence. Autistic or mentally retarded people are overwhelmed in most areas of life and need help.
But in a very specific area, an island, they have extraordinary abilities. The Savants often dedicate themselves with all their dedication and time to just this one, extremely special area of interest. If the intelligence quotient of many savants is below the value of 70, i.e. well below the average, it can be above average in their area. But savant syndrome does not necessarily have to be linked to a below-average IQ. Talented people with normal or above-average IQ are also known.
A distinction is made between a talented and astonishing talent:
- The talented islanders have a skill in one sub-area that corresponds to the average. In view of her disability, however, it is a special skill.
- The amazingly gifted savants stand out from the crowd with their above-average, extraordinary talent in a detailed sub-area.
Often times, these talents are so amazing that they attract public interest. Many savants are recognized painters or musicians. Some have an outstanding photographic memory and can trace pictures from their memory in great detail. There are exceptional musicians who have a perfect command of one or more musical instruments and can replay thousands of pieces from memory - without ever having taken music lessons. Some people with Savant Syndrome amaze with their playful use of numbers, some are unique arithmetic talent. For example, the “calendar calculator” can name the exact day of the week for each date. In many cases there is an impressive memory behind these talents. Some of the island's talented people therefore also have the nickname "living lexicon".
Common Talents in Savant Syndrome:
- Photographic memory
- Perfect hearing
- Exceptional long-term memory
- Math talent
- Fast language learning
- Musical talent
Savant Syndrome: Facts
The cause of these island talents is still in the dark today.
- Often have autistic people the savant syndrome. About half of all known islanders suffer from autism.
- Most of the time, autism is that Asperger syndrome.
- Savants are mostly men - of eight islanders, seven are male.
Scientists try to solve the mystery of the savants. The extraordinary memory performance of many people with Savant Syndrome is particularly interesting. The question of the strategies for this enormous memory and how it can come about is still unanswered. Many theories have been developed in recent years to explain the phenomenon. An excess of the male sex hormone testosterone in the amniotic fluid is said to accelerate brain growth and thus cause brain changes that occur more frequently in autism. Apparently the brain cannot differentiate between unimportant and important information, so that some of these people can obviously fall back on all “data”. It is also questionable whether the arithmetical geniuses who are gifted on the island can really calculate, or whether they repeatedly combine from a large number of patterns that have already been carried out. The fact that savants always make the same mistakes supports this theory.
In any case, one thing is certain: these interesting, extraordinary people will continue to cause amazement!
- What are some good mobile trading platforms
- Who would win Broly against Vegeta?
- Which is the best 8 GB RAM smartphone
- Which vegetarian recipes do you prefer
- Is honey more or less good for an indefinite period of time
- What is an electronic injector fuse
- The world is overcrowded
- What if The Thing were real
- Are the languages of Bajjika Maithili the same
- Which crypto currency is best now
- What kind of pill should I get
- Shall we call our friend baby
- Why not go fish for my bait
- What are the interesting things about your brother
- Would you like to work in politics
- Why does India not use blockchain technology
- What is maltose different than a polysaccharide
- When can we expect Siri for Android?
- What is the relationship between science and belief
- Dreams of meeting God imply something
- Prisoners can have cell phones
- What have smartphones made obsolete?
- How is the training in TCS Chennai
- How is ambient music different from muzak?
- Urinating aquatic animals
- Are all types of cancer dangerous
- What are the pharmaceutical excipients
- Robinhood has a public API
- Whose music makes you shine
- How do jellyfish work
- Who designed Rdio
- The Apple card charges interest
- Do sociopaths have a need to brag
- What is the Chayes McKellar Winn Theorem