What are the standards of journalism
Some contributions from German, Russian, American etc. media representatives, researchers on journalism, mass media, freedom of the press and journalism in general.
Deputy Head of the Ruhr School of Journalism
Project manager ZEUS - newspaper and school
News Journalism Standards
In the western democracies the message is formulated according to the standard of "objective reporting". Since messages are subjectively received and conveyed by individuals, one can only approach the goal of "objectivity", but never achieve it.
In order to achieve a high degree of journalistic credibility, the editors try to present the event as impartially and fact-oriented as possible. A targeted evaluation by the journalist has no place in the news. His opinion is asked in the comment.
Ultimately, news cannot depict the truth. However, journalists are expected to be as precise as possible, from the description of the course of events to the exact naming of names, dates and dates. The transparency of the messaging is also essential. That is, the reader must be able to find the pros and cons of an event or fact from the article.
If the journalist cannot report from his own perspective, he must name his sources in the text. Even if the source of information appears to be so serious, he is not released from the obligation to check the information for accuracy through counter-research or, if this is not possible, to name the source exactly. If he has doubts about the credibility of the information or the source of the information, he must either forego the data or state the facts in his article for the doubts.
First of all, messages are understood to be all messages that are of interest to the public, i.e. that differ from the 'normal' (according to Weischenberg, 1988). This definition raises the following questions, among others: Who is the public and what are their interests?
The "taz" has a different reader structure and different evaluation criteria than the "Welt" or the local editorial team of a regional daily newspaper.
Therefore only a few incomplete comments on this: Important for picking up news, their journalistic implementation and placement on the newspaper page are:
- the overall social significance (extent and consequence of the event) and / or
- the (presumed) reading interest
- What are some surprising mosquito repellants
- Are you going to criticize my pictures
- Why do people buy gift cards
- What are some stretching exercises
- Can beat Nixon Cuomo in NYS
- How do I get to the start menu
- What's your secret for big lasagna
- Are teachers interested in our training?
- Why are some microphones so out of focus
- When should babies start eating solid foods?
- How is NIET for engineering
- How much charge does a neutron have
- Can you live without insurance
- Screens really ruin your eyes
- Which are some nice places to visit
- How do you cut a wall
- What is the Clinton neighborhood of Manhattan known for?
- What are some DIY nurse graduation gifts
- Which processors use microcoding
- Can wild cats be completely tamed?
- Be angry about bad people
- Is the WhatsApp API safe
- What is ophthalmology
- Are there magnetic charges or not?
- Who has the best simple personal website
- How old is Amitabh Bachchan
- How important is English to children
- What are the continents of Dubai
- India is modernizing
- There is such a thing as perfect murder
- Can Yoga Do Something To Lose Weight?
- What if Gohan wanted to fight
- What is the difficulty level of UPESEAT
- How will the IPL 2018 teams be