Who invented the first spaceship
A spaceship is a vehicle that can be used in space, i.e. for space travel. Usually a vehicle is meant that allows you to change direction. Otherwise one generally speaks of a spacecraft or a space capsule.
The first spaceships were built around 1960. In the Soviet Union they were called Woskok, in the USA it was Mercury. The space travelers sat in a rather small box that was shot into space with a rocket. This box, the space capsule, then flew a few times around the earth with the astronauts.
Then the space capsule was dropped down. You couldn't really steer it properly. But you made sure that it fell the right way round. Parachutes slowed the fall. The space capsule often plopped into the sea. It was softer than if she had fallen to the ground. Ships or helicopters then picked up the spacemen.
Spaceships that can be used several times have existed since around 1980. The USA built the space shuttle, read: Sspees-Schattel, the Soviet Union the Sojuz, read: Ssa-Juhs. However, they don't start from Earth themselves. You still have to take such a spaceship into space with a rocket. For that you need a lot of fuel, for which the spaceship itself is too small.
The last space shuttle flight was in 2011. A successor is still being developed. The Sojuz spaceship has been in use since 1967 and is now one of the safest transport systems.
In 1963, Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman in space. Your spaceship was the Soviet one
An example of an unmanned spaceship is the space probe
Science fiction films are also often about spaceships. The picture shows a model of the spaceship Enterprise from Star Trek.
There are also other search results for "Spaceship" from Blind Cow and Ask Finn.
- What does the sentence mean, even if it means
- How many 24 hour pharmacies are there in London?
- What makes someone a happy camper
- What is Kim Kardashian's annual income
- Addiction increases the boredom why
- Are all landlords bad people
- What is mixing in Tableau
- How many Indian farmers use the internet
- What makes a kind what it is
- Game developers debug a lot of code
- Should I learn Forex or Bitcoin?
- Where do rhinos live
- How can you identify providers of fraudulent content
- Why are some things bad
- Are prairie dogs related to dogs
- How is desensitization to violence bad
- Do I look okay 1
- What can you do with five dollars
- Is Michael Jackson Indian
- What is an orthorhombic phase
- What separates people from technology
- How does Invisalign compare to traditional braces?
- When did Galileo invent the thermometer?
- Does Yieldex have any pure competitors