Ultimately, cat cookies are harmful to cats
Cooking and baking for cats
Cat biscuits are prepared without much effort and are a real treat for the four-legged friends. If you bake the treats yourself, you will know exactly what the treats contain. In this way, the preservatives, added sugar and attractants contained in many purchased products can be bypassed. The snacks can be fully tailored to your cat's tastes. Preferences or allergies and intolerances can also be better taken into account.
What foods are best for cat cookies?
Whether chicken, polenta or tuna, homemade cat biscuits can be made from meat, sausage or fish as well as from grain or vegetables (as a vegetarian variant). Oat flakes, eggs, carrots (finely grated they are easy to digest), olive oil (or other high-quality oils), tuna, liver, minced meat and bananas are particularly good for making biscuits. If you have cooked meat or boiled potatoes on the menu, just allow for a little more. You can use the leftovers to bake healthy snacks for your pet.
Brewer's yeast contains vitamin B, important minerals and amino acids. So it is very healthy for your cat. Spelled flour is well tolerated by most cats and is therefore a good alternative if there is a gluten intolerance (wheat allergy). Corn flour or buckwheat flour are also great options for wheat flour. Oats also have many positive properties, for example they have a bowel stabilizing effect. Wheat germ can also be mixed into the batter. These are mostly available in the organic market and are real vitamin bombs.
Herbs such as sage, basil or rosemary refine the crispy pieces and stimulate digestion and metabolism.
A little fresh (cat) mint in the batter refreshes the breath of your four-legged friend in a natural way.
What shouldn't go in cat biscuits?
In general, there are no limits to the imagination when it comes to the combination of ingredients for the biscuits. However, it should be noted that the consumption of chocolate and cocoa, avocado, onion, grapes and raisins for cats poses a health risk and can even be fatal even in small amounts. Raw pork should not be fed either.
Raw potatoes are not suitable for feeding cats. However, boiled (sweet) potatoes are rich in fiber, fat-free and an important source of magnesium, iron, vitamins A and C. Raw eggs should also not be on your pet's menu because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
The amount matters
Even baked cat biscuits are an optimal addition to the main food. The treats should, however, be treated as a reward, be a joy for the four-legged friend and motivate. Your pet is guaranteed to make an extra effort for the small bites.
The daily ration should not exceed six. Good fats should be in every biscuit, but large amounts are too much for the house cat. Chicken or turkey meat is suitable for cats who need to lose a bit of weight, as it is lower in calories than other meats.
It is particularly important to always provide the cat with sufficient fluids. Eating the biscuits increases the fluid needs of those with a sweet tooth.
Baking is guaranteed to be a lot of fun with these tips and tricks:
- If you want the biscuits to be a little softer, simply reduce the baking temperature specified in the recipe by approx. 10 degrees.
- If you want a slightly drier consistency, let the biscuits dry out a little longer in the tube.
- If the dough sticks to the rolling pin, simply wrap a little cling film and continue rolling out.
- Cat treats in particular can be very small. Cover them with aluminum foil in good time during the baking process so that they do not burn.
- Please note the storage tips that may be given in the recipe. In general, a cookie jar or a cotton sack is good for storage (for vegetarian, dry biscuits).
- If it contains meat or fish, the baked goods must be kept in the refrigerator.
- Should you still discover traces of mold on the treats, throw them away. Even slight traces of mold are harmful to the animal.
- To extend the shelf life of cat biscuits, they can also be stored in the freezer. They can be kept for several weeks, even months. Before feeding, however, make sure to let them reach room temperature.
Diet food for cats
What often fails when feeding pets is knowing their proper composition. In the past, but still today, cats were also fed less often according to need, but more according to feeling.
The health problems of the animal that occur later ultimately show what should have been changed in terms of diet. Obesity in cats arises for the same reasons as in humans.
Therefore, as for us, it is important to prescribe diet food for our supple darlings. Because a zero diet would not result in weight loss, but only a counter-effect.
An ideal diet meal consists of a turkey escalope or a chicken breast, fried in a pan without fat or spices (also without salt), cut into small pieces and served with some cooked, unseasoned rice.
Just like us humans, cats also have their preferences. Your pet is sure not to taste every biscuit or meal equally good. Just try different recipes. You will soon notice which variant is best for your darling.
Author: Lilian Borek / ichkoche.at
- How would you define failure
- What topics do Shakespeare sonnets explore
- Why is beryllium not reactive in water
- Does Netflix have a sustainable competitive advantage
- Did LSD drive me crazy?
- How is Panjab University of Law
- How is Doljatra celebrated in today's Bangladesh
- Sweden is completely ruined by socialism
- Are Bose SoundSport Free wireless headphones waterproof?
- Protein makes your fire stink
- Can you take Ambien and Zantac together
- Which city is better Jabalpur or Bhopal
- What's your Least Favorite YouTube Channel
- Helps Instagram authors sell their books
- Which companies are using Catia in India
- How many shapes does Naruto have
- What is Bayesian Classification
- Which term is better LGBT + or MOGAI
- How do I achieve fitness without greatness
- How does Ingress
- How many beers do you drink
- What is telepresence video conferencing
- What is speciation in biology
- Need EDDM postcards in Chicago
- Why is my Quora question not being submitted
- How is civil engineering at MIT Pune
- How do I install Minecraft for free
- Where do people buy their evening wear
- Use Mongolian chopsticks
- What is a fire safety course
- What Are Some Effective Altruistic Couples
- Was Mashal Khan guilty