Why isn't my wisteria plant blooming?
Why doesn't the wisteria bloom?
I've had a wisteria in my garden for ten years. To this day it has only blossomed once. I know that the flowers have to come first and then the leaves. What am I doing wrong?
The blue Chinese wisteria (Wisteria sinensis) is also called wisteria because of its striking blue-violet flowers, it is poisonous and belongs to the family of the butterflies. The plants need a moist, well-drained, humus and nutrient-rich soil in a full sun. The reasons for a failure to bloom can have various causes with Wisteria:
The vigorous climbing plants (up to 10 m in length) have to be severely cut back to only a few eyes after planting. This is the only way for the plants to bloom after two to three years. Without pruning, they will only produce flowers after several years. After planting, moist, humus-rich earth is gently piled up, then the eyes drive out more easily.
Incorrect pruning could unconsciously remove the flower-forming shoots. Wisteria blooms on perennial wood. Therefore, when pruning, do not carry out any cosmetic measures on young or annual shoots, but rather thin out the main shoots up to the perennial wood if necessary. For rejuvenation, Wisteria can also tolerate a strong cut back to 40 to 50 cm.
Plant type and variety:
Plants propagated from seeds rarely bloom. When buying, look out for grafted plants. The type of plant also plays a role. In addition to the species described here, there are other species and varieties. Wisteria floribunda (Japanese wisteria) grows weaker, reaches a plant length of only 5 m and usually only flowers after ten years; the Issai Perfect variety after just three years. It is noticeable that in this species the shoots always twist to the right, while in Wisteria sinensis they twist to the left.
If an old wisteria does not bloom, try a courageous pruning. If you take care of the new shoots in the coming years, they should flower after two to three years. Of course, care measures such as pruning can do little to counteract the plant's own conditions, seedling propagation, species or variety with late flowering.
- What are examples of legitimate online marketplaces
- What are the negative effects of secularism
- Where is the best school for music
- What is the best model rocket
- How can I make my penis big?
- Resells ShopClue's Snapdeal products
- What is the most underrated vacation
- What is the best Chevy Impala model
- What is 002 in percent
- What is f x 1 f x
- Where can I buy living edelweiss
- Can men wear fishnet tights in public?
- Who was Imam Ali
- Who was Aleksandr Tvardovsky
- Should we be afraid of 5G technology
- Are there FAQs on GST audits
- What are the most common business projects
- How to Compress a PDF File
- Could Tchaikovsky play his violin concerto
- Where should I keep my music
- What is chemistry actually
- Why Stanford Business School
- Who is the best singer in 2018
- Is sea salt healthier than table salt