Who are the creators who invented Twitter?
Creator God and Evolution
According to the Bible, the world was created in seven days. Science, on the other hand, estimates that four and a half billion years lie between the creation of planet earth and the appearance of the first humans. How can Christians feel about these seemingly contradicting statements?
As a prerequisite for an answer, it should be noted that representatives of the faith and natural scientists think about different questions:
Faith is based on the question "On what does man trust? What for Does man live? ”He replies:“ As you are, God willed you and commissioned you to preserve creation. ”With that, faith says something about the original ground and the original determination of human beings.
In contrast, natural science tries to answer the question "How did man come into being?" So far it has been assumed that humans and all other living beings will continue to develop if a random change in the genes (mutation) leads to an individual being able to adapt even better to his environment than his fellow species. This enables him to reproduce more successfully and thus pass on his genes to the next generation.
So the representatives of religion and science deal with different questions. Therefore, the two explanatory approaches cannot be compared with one another. That's what it says answerthat Christians also believe in a creator God at the same time and can explain the development of living beings using the theory of evolution. Faith and science are not mutually exclusive.
The Protestant Church encourages a dialogue with representatives of the natural sciences in order to better understand the reality of the world in its entirety.
Christian belief in creation
In the Bible there is two different accounts of creationthat tell of how God created the world. In the older, second story, the author reports that God first formed man out of earth and breathed life into him, only then did God let plants sprout. This story is believed to date from around 950 BC. Chr .. (Genesis chapter 2, verse 5 ff)
About 400 years later the first, more recent creation account was written, with the words of which the Bible begins (Genesis chapter 1, verse 1): "In the beginning God created heaven and earth." Here God creates the world and living beings through his word , so also humans. In contrast to the older report, the earth is already inhabited by plants and animals before humans appear.
The authors of the two biblical accounts relied on their knowledge in their respective time and they tried to explain how the earth and living beings could have come into being; There were no natural sciences in the modern sense. One thing, however, connects the reports: They assume that God the Creator is. The Statement of belief Both texts say that humans as well as animals and plants are creatures of God, that they are willed by God. Humans have a unique special position. As the image of God, man has the task of dealing responsibly with his fellow creatures, animals and plants.
- How did the ancient Greeks define art?
- How do I learn to live with others
- Is there something wrong with the sentence?
- How can I do HIIT cycling
- Can I make money with educational apps
- Can my eyes still be corrected?
- Was Halle Berry in John Wick 3
- What was the shortest Disneyland ride
- What is your favorite mythological deity?
- Why are you embarrassed by President Trump
- Do you love women with shaved heads?
- What kind of animal is a Zho
- Are all metal oxides and hydroxide bases
- What are the disadvantages of consuming ethanol
- What is the least penetrating radiation
- Why don't the police guard the cells?
- What are some patent classes
- What does Eppa mean in Tamil
- Is nasal spray safe for babies
- What hurts more expectations or desires
- The mind what is a rational mind
- What is a refrigerant filling cylinder
- How can I make a meaty sauce
- Which band always has bad albums