How is the body prevented from decomposing?
Absorption of hazardous substances into the human body
1 recording options
2 Hygiene measures when handling hazardous substances
3 More information
Potential health hazards from hazardous substances depend not only on how dangerous the substance is, but also on how you come into contact with it.
Essentially, hazardous substances can get to and into our body in three ways and lead to diseases there, for example of the nervous system, liver or kidneys.
You can for example
- are inhaled as gases, vapors and dusts,
- are swallowed as dusts and liquids or
- reach the skin as dusts and liquids and thereby irritate the skin and
- even penetrate the body through the skin.
2Hygiene measures when handling hazardous substances
In order to prevent hazardous substances from being increasingly absorbed via the respiratory and gastrointestinal tract or being carried away into private areas, hygienic protective measures are necessary when working with hazardous substances:
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when handling hazardous substances. This is the only way to prevent pollutants from being "eaten" or being able to decompose on the embers of the cigarette and inhaling the toxic and irritating decomposition products. Not only can hazardous substances get into the lungs through smoking, but there is also an acute risk of fire, depending on the hazardous substance.
- Before entering the break and social rooms, wash your hands and, if necessary, your face thoroughly. Here, too, it is important to prevent pollutants from being absorbed via snacks and cigarettes. Then use skin care products.
- Before entering the break and social rooms, remove dangerous dusts from clothing.
- Do not store any food in the vicinity of hazardous substances. Certain hazardous substances are increasingly deposited in fatty foods such as butter or sausage and can get into the body when consumed.
- Change clothes after finishing work. Store street clothes separately from work clothes.
3 additional Information
Identification of hazardous substances
Personal protective equipment when handling hazardous substances
R and S phrases / H and P phrases: Hazard statements and safety measures
Immediate measures in the event of accidents with hazardous substances
- Washing your face can actually cause acne
- I could be allergic to weeds
- Immodium heals stomach pain
- Complete this sentence Art is best when___
- Who is Samuel Chukwueze
- Corruption can be eliminated through regulations
- Travel in the past is practically possible
- Will vegetarians survive in India?
- Has Slayer written her own songs
- How can a teenage PTSD overcome ADHD
- What are the most beautiful looking font styles
- Which facilities are available in KSOM
- Should Christians discuss atheists
- Who was your favorite sports duo?
- How does gravity affect oxygen?
- What Makes Gmail Unique
- What is FL Studio Compatible Storage
- How did Rutherford split the atom?
- Why is genius difficult to define
- Christmas is demanded by Catholics
- On which continent is Jordan located
- Do antipsychotics permanently damage dopamine receptors
- Motorcycle gloves should be tight
- Will my cactus ever grow