Can you block my Jio number, please?
How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) for Jio, Airtel, Vi and BSNL in India
To curb the threat of unsolicited marketing calls and spam messages, India's Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRAI) established the National Unsolicited Calls Register (NDNC) in 2011. With this, telecommunication users in India cannot receive annoying calls and messages from them have no business dealings with. In this article we will show how to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) at all major telecommunications companies including Airtel, Vi (Vodafone Idea), Reliance Jio, BSNL and MTNL in India.
Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) to stop spam calls and messages in India
The National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) is currently known as the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR). It introduces some new complexities, but it gives the user the final say on whether to receive telemarketing calls and messages. So without further ado, let's take a look at how to enable DND (Do Not Disturb) for Airtel, Vi (Vodafone Idea), Jio, BSNL, and MTNL.
What is the national do not call or do not disturb register?
The National Customer Preference Register (NCPR), formerly the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC), is an initiative of the Indian Telecommunications Regulator (TRAI) to prevent telecommunications customers from being harassed by unsolicited commercial calls. Users can volunteer for the service to prevent unwanted marketing calls and messages whenever they want.
NCPR also allows you to customize the service to suit your needs. You can either stop all telemarketing communications en masse, or receive calls and messages from selected sectors of your choice. You can also choose to only end voice calls, text messages, robocalls, auto-dials or any correspondence regardless of the type of communication.
Activate DND for any mobile number in India
The following method works with any cell phone number in India regardless of the carrier. Follow the steps to see how it works:
- Send an SMS to 1909 (toll free) from the number you want to enable DND for. The text should read Start dnd or Start 0 (varies from carrier to carrier). You will receive a message from your mobile operator that your request will take effect within 24 hours.
- Alternatively, you can also call 1909 (toll free) on the number you want to register for DND. Depending on your carrier, you may be given a voice selection option first. Then follow the instructions to register for DND in India.
Note that you have to repeat the process for each number separately. If you want to receive promotional messages or calls from certain sectors, you can enable DND for the others only. To block certain types of promotional activity, follow these guidelines:
- Start 1- Banks, Insurance, Financial Products and Credit Cards
- Start 2- real estate
- Start 3- Education
- Start 4- health
- Start 5- Consumer Goods and Automobiles
- Start 6- Communication, Broadcasting, Entertainment and IT
- Start 7 - Tourism and Leisure
Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Reliance Jio in India
While the process outlined above works fine for Jio, the company also gives you the option to enable DND through the MyJio app. That's how it's done:
- Open the MyJio app and click Hamburger menu top left. Scroll down the puller and tap the settings.
- On the next page, under Service Settings, select Do not disturb. Then scroll down on the next page and select the "Completely blocked" Option and tap Submit.
Note:: You can choose to receive some transactional messages or commercial calls from companies by choosing the second or third option.
- Finally confirm your selection by tapping on "Agree". You will receive a message that your selection has been registered and the changes will be reflected within 24 hours. And voila, you've enabled DND on your Jio phone number.
Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Airtel in India
The general method of activating DND works on all carriers, including Airtel. However, the telecommunications giant, run by Sunil Mittal, is also offering users the option of registering for the national “do not call” register through its own website in India. This method works not only for your cell phone number, but also for your landline connection. How to use it:
- First visit the official Airtel DND website (link here). Now you need to click on the appropriate link depending on whether you are trying to activate DND for a landline or cell phone number. In our case it is a mobile Airtel connection.
- In the pop-up dialog box Enter the Airtel number on which you are trying to activate DND. Now press the red 'Receive one-time password (OTP)‚Button.
- You will receive an OTP for confirmation. Enter the OTP in the text box and click "To confirm" Button. You should now see the option to enable DND or change your existing settings for your Airtel number.
- On the DND settings page, select 'Stop everyone'And hit'Submit'. Your Airtel number will be registered with the National Do Not Call Registry within 7 days. Yes that's it. You have now activated DND for your number.
Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on Vi in India
As with Airtel, you can also register with Vi (formerly Vodafone idea) via the website for DND. That's how it's done:
- Go to the official Vi DND website (link here) and enter your Vi phone number. Now press the 'Send OTP‚Button.
Once the network operator has sent you an OTP, you can check it on the website and follow the on-screen instructions so as not to activate your Vodafone Idea number. Of course, the general methods prescribed by TRAI for activating DND work as always with Vi.
Enable Do Not Disturb (DND) on BSNL in India
For BSNL, the call option from 1909 did not work for me. Instead of offering me DND options, it kept sending me to an account manager for some reason. The The SMS option worked but is a little different from the other providers. To register for the national Do Not Call Register and enable DND on a BSNL cellular connection in India:
- Send the message "start dnd ” until 1909 from your BSNL number instead of "Start 0", which is the case with other carriers.
- You will then receive a message with a list of options. Now Text block p1 in the same thread to select the category you want to block. Send also Block 1, Block 2, Block 3etc. to enable DND for all relevant categories. For example, send Block 1 if you don't want to receive telemarketing calls from banks and financial institutions. You will receive a message that your number will soon be added to the DND list.
- Now you can select a 'mode' to block a particular communication mode. That means you can either stop text messages, voice calls, autodialers, robocalls, etc. To do this, send Block p2 to 1909 and choose the option you prefer. In case you are wondering Block 10 stops all types of telemarketing communications.
Things To Consider When Registering For Do Not Disturb In India
Registering for DND is generally a smooth process for most providers, but there are a few things you need to be aware of.
NCPR is only intended for third-party telemarketers and cold callers
The first thing to remember when registering for the National Consumer Preference Register (NCPR) in India is that only unsolicited third-party commercial correspondence will be stopped by companies that otherwise have no business relationship with you. It will Don't block SMS notifications from your bank, Communication from online portals and services, personal calls from third parties, etc.
DND activation can take up to 7 days to take effect
With TRAI, freight forwarders can implement the DND requirement for up to 7 days. As a result, it may take a few days for the change to take effect and you may still receive unsolicited marketing calls or texts in the meantime.
The DND settings cannot be changed within 30 days
Once you apply for registration or change your previous settings, you will not be able to make any further changes for the next 30 days. You can then change your settings at any time. However, you will have to wait another 30 days to make changes to the existing settings.
De-registration from the national Do Not Call Register (Do Not Disturb)
In India, you can opt out of the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) or turn off DND by calling 1909 or sending an SMS "Stop dnd" or "Stop" (without quotation marks) until 1909. Again, it varies from carrier to carrier, but in my experience Stop dnd works for all carriers I have tested. Notice that You have to wait at least 90 days from the activation date to deactivate Do Not Disturb (DND) for your number in India.
Stop telemarketing calls and messages on Airtel, Jio, Vi and other providers in India
The Indian telecommunications sector has grown by leaps and bounds recently, as has the threat of unsolicited commercial calls and messages. So, register with the National Do Not Call Registry (NDNC) or enable Do Not Disturb (DND) in India for your privacy and security. You can also rely on some popular SMS organizer apps to weed out spam and telemarketing messages from major communication issues.
- Who can use ITR 6
- How is healthcare funded in the US
- Knows Jimmy Wales Shahrukh Khan
- Timothy McVeigh was inspired by racial problems
- What is active learning in machine learning
- An airport taxi is available in Chennai
- What machines are cars made with?
- Is wood a renewable raw material
- How effective is eskrima
- What is your most unforgettable theater experience
- Where can I find historical option prices
- How fierce is a mother cat
- Why do people join online communities
- Running faster burns more calories
- Magazines are becoming out of date
- Unstable angina is life threatening
- Attorneys are expected to be ethically correct
- What are the benefits of yoga nidra
- What supplements are recommended for beard growth
- What is the wobble effect of tRNA
- What are the functions of literature
- Are Canadian Conservative voters racists
- Are courses compulsory for EEE students
- If 6x 8 26 what is x
- How many disease-causing microorganisms are there
- Did it snow when Jesus was born
- How will I convert ethane to bromoethane
- How did Box get its first users
- Avengers Endgame is the longest running Marvel film
- Is a bank overdraft allowed for all accounts?
- How big is Oregon in miles
- Guided meditation apps are useful
- What were the Beaver Wars