What acid is identified by barium chloride
to directory mode
Detection of barium
Barium ions are precipitated in the ammonium carbonate group of the separation duct alongside calcium and strontium.
Barium shows a pale green flame color (several green lines, of which those at 524.2 and 513.9 are particularly characteristic).
Precipitation as sulfate
Barium forms a sparingly soluble sulfate, which does not dissolve again even in acid. Strontium and calcium also form sparingly soluble sulfates, but barium sulfate has the smallest solubility product of the three sulfate salts. As a result, more can precipitate from a saturated solution with barium ions, recognizable by the turbidity of the reaction solution.
Precipitation with dichromate
Barium forms a poorly soluble yellow precipitate with chromate ions. The dependence of this precipitation on this precipitation allows strontium to be separated from barium.
- While barium at a value of 3 (acetic acid solution) is quantitatively precipitated as chromate, strontium and calcium do not precipitate.
This can be deduced from a consideration of the solubility products and the equilibrium constants for the chromate-dichromate equilibrium.
It can be seen that the higher the value of the solution, the higher the chromate concentration. In other words, the concentration of the chromate ions can be adjusted via the value.
The following solubility products apply to stontium and barium chromate:
From the mathematical derivation it can be seen that practically only the solubility product is exceeded, but not for. Or to put it another way: The concentration required to precipitate is much too high for a precipitate to form under the above conditions.
At = 3 and a 0.1 molar solution, only a concentration sufficient to precipitate.
However, under changed conditions - neutral or basic at higher concentrations - it can be precipitated and can then be identified by its characteristic crystal shape (broom-like crystal clusters).
- How can Chromebooks get anti-virus software?
- What is constantan an alloy of
- What is an investment banking career like
- What is the stomata control mechanism
- How would spaghettification of the body feel?
- Ultimately, cat cookies are harmful to cats
- How does Dan Bilzerian make money
- What did the soldiers read in World War II
- Why does scotch taste like Listerine
- Why do we prefer order to chaos
- Why do iron ore fines agglomerate
- Which is better GRIET or VNR VJIET
- How do you recognize quartz
- How big is Gotham City
- What are the negative effects of global warming
- Which RAM is the best
- Should I have a major in finance
- Government jurisdiction is inevitable for space travel
- What is the nature of a narcissist
- What's the song of Frosted Flakes
- What factors affect gold rates in India
- Why do blockchain platforms need crowdfunding ICO
- What Difference Augmented Reality Virtual Reality Examples
- Is Quora part of the liberal media
- What if animals have quora
- Big software companies have dyslexics
- How do ReadyContacts compare to Hoovers
- Why are some people against private schools
- All song recommendations that aren't boring
- Who is Kenpachi Shikai in Bleach
- How are motion video lectures
- How are Kinder Surprise eggs made
- Why are soft materials good silencers?