What do archaeologists study
Major in archeology, medieval archeology
Classical archeology students deal with the cultures of antiquity and learn about archaeological research methods. For example, the classification and documentation of ceramics, the iconography on Attic vases, the determination of Roman coins or transport amphorae as well as excavations in the settlement area of the Greeks and Romans are among the main focuses. Medieval archeology is part of art history and conveys theoretical and practical knowledge of cultural assets during the course.
In addition to historical introductions, introductions to the methods of scientific work are in the foreground. These competencies are imparted in courses and deepened in exercises. All archaeological sub-disciplines have in common that excursions to archaeological sites and museums are on the program. In addition, students are involved in teaching excavations or excavation internships at an early stage.
"There are many excursions to not only see finds on paper but to experience them live."More on this
The passion for the subject is the most important requirement for budding archaeologists.
Essential for the course are:
- intensive reading of specialist literature
- learning ancient languages
- developing methods
- good writing skills
The specialist literature is often written in English, French or Italian.
The course can be very time-consuming and requires digging internships and the like. a lot of commitment and flexibility on the part of the students.
Archaeological research topics are, for example:
- Field research in Sicily (Himera, Iaitas) and Euboea (Eretria) with a focus on urbanism. Greek colony foundations, the fortification systems in the west and Hellenistic-Roman architecture
- Paleoecology, connection of archaeological findings with environmental and climatic data
- Archeology of the early to late Middle Ages in the Sempachersee region - early history of an urban landscape in the foothills of the Alps
- To be a Child in Roman Aventicum (1st-3rd c. AD): Evidence on Health, Disease and Feeding Practices from Bioarchaeology
- Erétrie: preparation of the publication finale de la céramique eubéenne à fig. Noires
- TerraSancta: Archeologia ed esegesi
Admission, registration and start of studies
Information on admission to the various universities as well as on registration and the start of studies can be found under Admission, Registration, Start of Studies.
- What is the present participle of bring?
- Are there Muslim cemeteries
- Which foods are only available in Sri Lanka
- Which is the strongest national army
- Why is air conditioning so expensive to install
- Hydrocele surgery is a painful process
- What's next after smartphones
- What is your drawing process
- What are the advantages of PHENIBUT
- English is a Spanish dialect
- What are the three computer peripherals
- Would you ever call your child ugly
- OnePlus is still selling the OnePlus 5
- Have meteorite crystals
- How do I store my wedding leihenga
- What does chronic pain mean?
- Who would win Broly against Vegeta?
- Has Iceland winter sports
- UBC is a graduate mill school
- Why is America not taking in Venezuelan refugees?
- How can I understand German sentences for a long time?
- Who has the best simple personal website
- What is a fleet car
- Hemifacial spasm may cause dizziness