What are the procedures for LEED certification
The US system was used to classify sustainable buildings LEED (= Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Developed in 1998 on the basis of the British BREEAM certification system. Certification has also been possible in Canada since 2002. There, the specifications of the American system were adopted and adapted in detail to the climatic conditions, common construction methods and laws of the country. However, the evaluation of schools, retail, health and care facilities is using LEED Canada not yet possible.
In both assessment systems, buildings are assessed by assigning points for individual criteria. The sum of the points achieved determines how the structure is classified in the certification. LEED applies to all phases of the life cycle. The United States Green Building Council (USGBC), headquartered in Washington, and the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC), headquartered in Ottawa, are responsible for the introduction and continuous further development of the system.
- Sustainable land (Sustainable sites)
- Water efficiency
- Energy & atmosphere
- Materials & resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Innovation and design process
- New construction
- Existing buildings
- Core and shell
- Office and administration interiors (commercial interiors)
- Residential Buildings (Homes)
- Neighborhood development
- Health and care facilities
Expertise on the subject
Evidence / certificates
BREEAM: British sustainability certificate
BREEAM stands for Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method and is the oldest and most widely used ...
Evidence / certificates
DGNB: German sustainability certificate
A new international version of the building certification for new buildings has been published. The certification system for sustainable neighborhoods has also been expanded.
Factors / categories of sustainable building
How harmful are the building materials, the construction and the operation of a building? What are the costs and how comfortable is it to live or work there?
Origin of the term sustainability
The term sustainability comes from forestry and was used in the early 18th century against the background of a ...
- Can blindness in dogs be reversed
- What are some powerful Arduino alternatives
- Is my IQ score reliable?
- Mint causes infertility
- What is IELTS or PTE
- Does God mourn human suffering
- Is a black lion a black panther
- What is life on campus
- What are mazes in language
- IIMs only conduct interviews on weekends
- What is meant by real estate 1
- How do you learn English well 1
- Could Google work for the NSA
- What does Stripe payment mean during transport
- What are the secrets of call centers
- Is insurance required for solo travelers
- Would you still consider Hubspot a startup
- What do your children mean to you
- Is there a devil worshiper here
- HTTPS on Android couldn't connect, why
- How does light affect the human brain
- Frustrate difficult video games
- What does q Command do under Linux
- Which bills did George W. Bush reject?