Can I get pregnant right after intercourse?
How long does it really take to get pregnant after sex
Photographed by Ashley Armitage.
Of course, you know that penetrative sex can lead to pregnancy. But that doesn't mean that you directly you will see the two stripes on the pregnancy test after intercourse. This is how it works with the Sims, in the real world it is definitely not.
In order to understand how pregnancy comes about, we first have to deal with ovulation: once a month an egg leaves the ovaries - what is called a so-called one ovulation is. Ovulation occurs halfway through a menstrual cycle. Your "escaped" egg will travel through the fallopian tubes for twelve to 24 hours. If there are sperm in the vagina during this time, the sperm cells also swim up the fallopian tubes and start looking for an egg that they can fertilize. As soon as fertilization occurs, the result is called a zygote. The lifespan of sperm is roughly five days, so you don't necessarily have to have sex on the day you ovulate to get pregnant.
A fertilized egg is not just one right one Pregnancy. First the zygote divides into more and more cells until it becomes so-called Blastocyst is reached, i.e. the preembrional stage. The blastocyst lands in the uterus around three to four days after fertilization. It just stays there for a few more days. If it becomes lodged in the uterus, the beginning of pregnancy is only mentioned. But as you can already guess by now, the whole thing takes another two to three days. If it does not implant, the blastocyst will be removed from the body with the next period - this happens to about half of all fertilized egg cells.
If you now add up all the days, you get about two to three weeks between sex and the actual pregnancy. To make things a bit more complicated, doctors calculate the time of pregnancy from the first day of your last period, even if you weren't pregnant at all.
But when can you be sure that you are pregnant? If you are really pregnant, your body releases peptide hormones called Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). These prevent your uterine lining from loosening, which is why you won't get your days during pregnancy. Pregnancy tests identify these same hormones in the body. "If you have sexual intercourse around the time of ovulation, pregnancy should be detectable by a pee test around 14 days later," explains gynecologist Dr. Shahin Gradier. While some tests may work a little earlier, you shouldn't get a test from the drugstore the day after you're overdue, because then the risk of getting a wrong result is still high. A doctor's blood test can tell if you're pregnant about ten days after ovulation or a week before your period.
If you try to get pregnant through artificial insemination, the whole thing looks different. The eggs are fertilized outside the body and then placed directly in the uterus. When one of the eggs is implanted there (which again can take a few days), pregnancy begins. Some patients receive an additional dose of hCG, which is why a home pregnancy test cannot be trusted in this case. "After ten days, however, you can use a blood test to determine whether you are pregnant," says Dr. Nadir. So you can confidently save the money for the urine test at home!
- Dryness causes eye allergies
- Have crows tongues
- What will the next CryptoKitties be
- Contains the simulated creationism hypothesis
- What is inner satisfaction
- How do narcissists treat friends they envy
- How secure is the Alibaba MaxCompute Server
- Who is the most powerful in genjutsu?
- Why do the Japanese own so few stocks?
- What is your DotA 2 MMR
- An indentation in the word processor is required
- Why we judge people educationally
- What is the best online education method
- Why Africa is so corrupt
- How can I pronounce the name Tewhea
- How do i do camtasia unlock software keys
- Why is web marketing important
- What is interactive reading
- What is the technology stack behind Put io
- Typhoon is a Japanese word
- Is there a future for corporate MOOCs
- Why do protective cells surround the stoma?
- What keeps you going in difficult times
- How is Tanzania doing
- Can mosquitoes survive in extremely cold conditions
- What are the Worst Website Redesigns
- What does Asperger's look like
- What is tango waltz
- Internet use is becoming more private
- Most relationships start with great sex
- Who should follow Jacob Zuma
- What is Budgie Desktop Environment
- Which hypervisor does a VMware player need