What are Yul Brynner's best films
Life & Work
His mixture of virility and vitality, the erotic attraction that grew out of his bald head, and the larger-than-life daredevils he played in 46 films made Yul Brynner (1920-1985) an archetype of animal masculinity. Brynner suggested passionate and wild temptations and animal and instinctual machismo. What Genghis Khan could have looked like. Therefore, Brynner was best shown in historical and monumental films. He was the Pharaoh in "The Ten Commandments", the King of Israel in "Solomon and the Queen of Sheba", the Cossack leader in "Taras Bulba", the Indian prince in "The Battle", the pirate in "The Privateer". The role of his life was to be the King of Siam in the musical "The King and I", in which he had played in over 1000 performances on Broadway in 1951. For the role of the king in the film of the same name, Brynner received the "Oscar" for best leading actor in 1956. In 1972 he was the king in a television series. In 1977 he took up the piece again, from 1981 also on tours and played it a total of 4,625 times. Brynner's “Asians” such as the Russian exile in “Anastasia” or Dimitri in “The Karamazov Brothers” used the cliché of the shaven Kyrgyz skull, the mysterious almond eyes, the parforce rides of the hussars and unbridled pride. Brynner starred in science fiction films (a robot running amok in "Westworld"), crime fiction and agent films, westerns and spaghetti westerns, and was immortalized in his best role as the leader of the gunslingers known as "The Magnificent Seven" Defending farming village against Mexican bandits. In 1960 his book "Bring forth the Cildren" was published. Before his death from lung cancer, Brynner was involved in anti-smoking commercials.
films and series
Videos and pictures
News and Stories
Often searched together
- How do I make 4,000 online
- What lubricants are used in diesel engines
- Where can I learn more about the basics of getting started
- Why am I not getting my periods?
- How can startups avoid shark investors
- What are the risks of biotin preparations
- Pakistan is more developed than Bangladesh
- Why is Oman called Sultanate
- How do you celebrate Chinese New Year
- How does the removal of face masks work
- What is your opinion on Brexit
- What is Russian social media
- How hard is it to get a job
- How are RESTful APIs tested on Amazon
- How was Ramayana from Ravana's perspective
- Should I take care of the school more?
- How difficult is neurosurgery
- How should a Christian react to Hollywood
- Dynamo impossible magician can charge the phone
- Is that a real service dog
- Would you be happier than you
- Why is SSB so tough
- Does Lenovo Customer Support offer door-to-door service?
- Is Italian music popular in Russia