Why do lawyers wear wigs 2
Instead of horsehair: lawyer in England presents the first vegan wig
While lawyers in Germany can wear just about anything they want (at least more or less) in court, in England (and countries of today's Commonwealth) even stricter morals prevail. There, trial lawyers in court usually wear a wig - made of horse hair - in addition to the attorney's robe. It is intended to emphasize the dignity of the judiciary.
Horse hair? Does it really have to be?
Apparently not - because there are good vegan alternatives for that too!
Samuel March, an English lawyer and volunteer with the "Advovates for Animals", has now had a vegan lawyer wig made - from hemp fibers. He proudly presents them on Twitter. VegNews reported. It is probably the world's first vegan lawyer wig!
The vegan wig was made by the sustainable and animal-friendly fashion label Cultiva Kingdom. According to reports, this invention is still a one-off production, but vegan hemp wigs for lawyers are to be added to the standard range this year.
In principle, he supports wearing wigs in court, Samuel March told the Daily Record. "People should be able to express themselves freely and according to their values". Just as a Sikh should wear a turban instead of a lawyer wig in court, vegans should also be allowed to wear something suitable.
In 2025, a quarter of the people in Great Britain would be vegetarian or vegan, writes the fashion label in a blog entry. A young, meat-free generation who will in future also value ethical clothing in court. So Samuel March may have discovered a real niche in the market for himself.
The (powder-free) horsehair wigs were originally introduced by Humphrey Ravenscroft in 1822 - almost 200 years ago! You can admire more pictures of the vegan wig in this tweet.
>>> Vegan newsletter. More than 5,100 have it!
Author: editorial staff
- Which Velveteen Rabbit do you own
- Why was MacGyver canceled
- How can I protect my drawings by copyright
- Why is Decoruss the best interior designer
- Why do Netflix's recommendations suck so badly
- Scorpios can be deadly to your pets
- How do I use brand24
- Why is Hamas a terrorist
- Why should I buy a Chevy Tahoe
- How do I start this application
- How do you remove fireplace doors
- Why do people share testimonies
- Cold showers burn fat
- Japan was a capitalist country during World War II
- Who is Veda Vyasa
- What is Trump's real greatness
- A refurbished computer is a good buy
- Is it worth setting goals after 60
- What doesn’t impress you in your workplace?
- My MacBook Pro requires Norton Security
- Can a tinted car window be re-tinted
- How do I use a wingman
- Who is an artificial intelligence programmer
- How is a check used?
- How do you spend your 30th birthday
- Which principles guide your actions
- How do I learn modern CPU architectures
- What's your favorite Quora news article
- Why does yeast breath anaerobically
- Why are shower enclosures so popular
- Plywood is considered solid wood
- Which DC motor has an approximately constant speed?
- Why will Cersei Kings Landing burn
- What is footprint when hacking